• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ladies, Please join in here.

INGLO (I realize the acronym is out of order, buy the sentiment is OK)

Last edited:

TheScientist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    On a personal note, I am proud to report i did pretty well shooting for the first time tonight. The first shot was the worst. I'll have to include a picture of the target. Free orientation was offered with purchase of a gun. I only shot 6, as instructed. It'd be nice if I could fork over enough money to cover the price gouging on target ammo at this time, to practice more.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Oh my goodness, I'm embarrassed to admit I can't remember the last time I actually got to send lead down range. I'm not sure I could find the target at the moment. I've got to drag the kids back out and duel them with the S&W's 22's. We've basically had to transition to all manner of 22's to afford their bad habits. Our girl could spend the afternoon shooting prone and ringing steel and not take a break till the rifle needs cleaned. Momma doesn't always get the time to challenge, and she's a pretty good shot. I'm not sure I'd win anymore. :ar15:

TheScientist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Oh my goodness, I'm embarrassed to admit I can't remember the last time I actually got to send lead down range. I'm not sure I could find the target at the moment. I've got to drag the kids back out and duel them with the S&W's 22's. We've basically had to transition to all manner of 22's to afford their bad habits. Our girl could spend the afternoon shooting prone and ringing steel and not take a break till the rifle needs cleaned. Momma doesn't always get the time to challenge, and she's a pretty good shot. I'm not sure I'd win anymore. :ar15:

I'm sure you'd do just fine in a showdown between you and daughter. Don't sell yourself too short! :)

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    We have fun but man they can blow through some ammo! Our boys are a bit more measured but she's a spitfire (have no idea where she gets it) and she'll bore a hole right through the backstop just for fun.

Sounds like you had a good time on your first go around at the range! Hope you get many more chances to go. It can be a fun exercise trying to beat your previous 'score'.

TheScientist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    She sure sounds like a spitfire! I hope so too, thanks! I can't do much with only 44 bullets though. I hope to get more soon, but medical needs come first, and they are many at the moment.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    She sure sounds like a spitfire! I hope so too, thanks! I can't do much with only 44 bullets though. I hope to get more soon, but medical needs come first, and they are many at the moment.

Understood. It has been a year full of that type of obstacle. Had surgery in September when they opened things back up again, grateful to get that worry behind us. I hope you are on the mend very soon.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi ladies! I'll try to check in periodically. Work and life seem to be keeping me busy currently.

We are building a house for my daughter (hubby is doing 98% of the labor) so feeding the crew on the weekends when I'm not at work has become a requirement.

I also have a Norwex party going on FB right now so that is taking up some of my time.

I need to take a couple of my pistols out back and give them a bit of exercise. I have one I still haven't even shot. We are lucky enough to have enough property to shoot here at home.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Evening, I do more lurking than posting anymore, though if I see another lady shooter in need of honest advice I will speak up. I'm a competitive rifle shooter, a pistol/rifle instructor and RSO I am also our county's 4H rifle team leader. We built our program from scratch three years ago and went from 5 kids to 50 in that time.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Evening, I do more lurking than posting anymore, though if I see another lady shooter in need of honest advice I will speak up. I'm a competitive rifle shooter, a pistol/rifle instructor and RSO I am also our county's 4H rifle team leader. We built our program from scratch three years ago and went from 5 kids to 50 in that time.

That's amazing. 50 Kids is huge growth. It's very encouraging to hear there is strong interest in the sport in the younger generation. Our middle son shot highpower at Atterbury about five years ago as a junior; it was a good bonding time for him and the hubs.

TheScientist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Understood. It has been a year full of that type of obstacle. Had surgery in September when they opened things back up again, grateful to get that worry behind us. I hope you are on the mend very soon.

Thank you! That's very kind of you. I am glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery.

TheScientist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Hi ladies! I'll try to check in periodically. Work and life seem to be keeping me busy currently.

We are building a house for my daughter (hubby is doing 98% of the labor) so feeding the crew on the weekends when I'm not at work has become a requirement.

I also have a Norwex party going on FB right now so that is taking up some of my time.

I need to take a couple of my pistols out back and give them a bit of exercise. I have one I still haven't even shot. We are lucky enough to have enough property to shoot here at home.

That's incredibly generous what you and your husband are doing for your daughter! I am sure she's extremely grateful to you both. :)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's incredibly generous what you and your husband are doing for your daughter! I am sure she's extremely grateful to you both. :)

We decided that if the economy went into the crapper and our money became worthless, it would be put to better use building them a house. At least if the dollar becomes worthless, they have a place to live. They will be paying us back but just buying it on contract from us so no bank involved means they will save a fortune on interest. There is a bit of selfishness on our part though as we are building it on 5 acres that adjoins our property so that as we age and need help, we will have them close enough to assist if needed. The son-in-law is helping on the weekends along with a friend of his when he can. Other than the concrete and the HVAC, my husband has done everything so far.

VPA85hW.jpg

The other benefit is that this little guy is going to be my neighbor!

gdTnHSk.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    We decided that if the economy went into the crapper and our money became worthless, it would be put to better use building them a house. At least if the dollar becomes worthless, they have a place to live. They will be paying us back but just buying it on contract from us so no bank involved means they will save a fortune on interest. There is a bit of selfishness on our part though as we are building it on 5 acres that adjoins our property so that as we age and need help, we will have them close enough to assist if needed. The son-in-law is helping on the weekends along with a friend of his when he can. Other than the concrete and the HVAC, my husband has done everything so far.

VPA85hW.jpg

The other benefit is that this little guy is going to be my neighbor!

gdTnHSk.jpg

Now THERE is a great reason. Good to see you ladies. Especially Rayne. She remembers the 10/22 I sold her many moons ago, I am sure.

Top Bottom