• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    There are tons of shoe stores. Frankly, I can't understand how come all of these shoes stores stay in business. I can probably count the number of pairs of shoes I have on 2 hands. Pami told me though that they are really a big seller. I still can't understand why in the world you would want so many shoes. Then I started thinking about gun stores. I like going into them. All of them that I find, we go in to. We'll even drive many miles out of the way to go to one. Then I realized, this must be what it's like for women who love shoes. The only difference is the price tag. (Of course, some shoes I have seen also carry that heavy price tag). I guess, if I had the money, I'd have a closet full of firearms as well.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't think it's just shoes. A quick glance at Castleton Square Mall's store listing shows something like 25 clothing stores. Of those, only four carry only men's clothes, while 14 carry only women's clothes (with the remainder selling both).

I think it comes down to the same demographic we see here. More women have an interest in shopping in general, but more specifically in clothing and shoes, than men do.

That said, women also have a much wider array of clothing options available than men do. In the shoe area, men are pretty much limited to sneakers, work boots/hikers, and dress shoes. In the dress shoe category, we have "black" and "tan" as our options, whereas women have any number of styles, colors, and features.

I guess the real question in my mind is "Why are women so interested in shoes in particular?" to which I have no good answer.:dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Shoes wear out quickly, either due to poor construction or due to fashion changes that make them obsolete in the wardrobe (at least women's shoes). On the other hand a gun can last for generations and be handed down from father to son to grandson.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Shoes wear out quickly, either due to poor construction or due to fashion changes that make them obsolete in the wardrobe (at least women's shoes). On the other hand a gun can last for generations and be handed down from father to son to grandson.

OK, so you are saying that the real question is how can we convince the women that guns wear out faster, so we can buy more. Right?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    No. I am clearly saying that guns are fashion accessories and the gun you bought "last season" is now out of fashion so you need a new one for "this season." :)

I like that logic. Of course.... "The Glock 19 I purchased in 2007, is out of fashion. I need a 2008 Glock 19 to remain in the cool kids club."

:lmfao:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Ah, but would Glock gun shoes explode under normal use, or only if you wore hand-made socks?

No, they would work ever single step, even after walking through mud. Unlike other types of shoes where the heels break off, just when you need them, or have a failure to lace.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    No, they would work ever single step, even after walking through mud. Unlike other types of shoes where the heels break off, just when you need them, or have a failure to lace.

Only problem is the shoes would be so square and ugly that all the kids would make fun of you for wearing them :):

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Only problem is the shoes would be so square and ugly that all the kids would make fun of you for wearing them :):

I'm a programmer geek who was too smart for his own good since middle school. I'm used to the kids making fun of me. The usually shut up when they see what my shoes can do, though. :rockwoot:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm a programmer geek who was too smart for his own good since middle school. I'm used to the kids making fun of me. The usually shut up when they see what my shoes can do, though. :rockwoot:

Is this you? :):
    lagerfeld_karl_gunshoe.jpg

Top Bottom