Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Women and Firearms Forum

Since Fenway has failed to announce this new forum, allow me to introduce it!

We now have a "Women and Firearms" forum. This is the place to discuss issues that are specific to women such as carry issues specific to women (off-body carry vs. thunderwear), what specific things to look for when choosing your new gun (can you actually rack the slide???), and provide a central resource for topics and other websites specific to women's questions, such as Cornered Cat and Women & Guns.

Please be conscious that these are intended to be at least semi-serious threads, and while we welcome feedback from the menfolk, many questions will be geared looking for responses from the women on this forum. That is the intent and the hope of this forum.

Thank you!
    Epilepsy is underfunded and under-researched, but seizures kill more people than breast cancer does each year.

Have a question? Check out the INGO FAQ: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...qs_sticky.html

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pami View Post
    Since Fenway has failed to announce this new forum...
    ...I'd like to be the first to say;
    Congratulations ladies, you've done it!

Hope you won't get so caught up in your own forum, to be strangers to the others.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Wewt! Pami Rocks!
    Here's hoping for a high spot in Google's search for other Hoosier shooter chicks looking for info.
    ~No matter how responsible she seems, never give a monkey your gun.

User Info Menu

Master

User Info Menu

Great idea! (we can also talk about the guys behind their backs ) Just kidding! I like the idea of an all female site!
    Way to go!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flagtag View Post
    Great idea! (we can also talk about the guys behind their backs )
    Looks to me like there are a lot more guys posting than are women. (I guess that makes me a hypocrite for this post.) I don't know whether it's the felt need to "help" the women or the "fins to left, fins to the right... only bait in town" idea.

Maybe, with so few women members, it's difficult to keep posting activity up? Still, I wonder why it isn't respectfully requested of the guys to lurk until called upon? Of course, it's understood that any thread that went in a bad or dangerous direction would be dealt with as it would in any other forum.

User Info Menu

Since Fenway has failed to announce this new forum, allow me to introduce it!

We now have a "Women and Firearms" forum. This is the place to discuss issues that are specific to women such as carry issues specific to women (off-body carry vs. thunderwear), what specific things to look for when choosing your new gun (can you actually rack the slide???), and provide a central resource for topics and other websites specific to women's questions, such as Cornered Cat and Women & Guns.

Please be conscious that these are intended to be at least semi-serious threads, and while we welcome feedback from the menfolk, many questions will be geared looking for responses from the women on this forum. That is the intent and the hope of this forum.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Looks to me like there are a lot more guys posting than are women. (I guess that makes me a hypocrite for this post.) I don't know whether it's the felt need to "help" the women or the "fins to left, fins to the right... only bait in town" idea.

Maybe, with so few women members, it's difficult to keep posting activity up? Still, I wonder why it isn't respectfully requested of the guys to lurk until called upon? Of course, it's understood that any thread that went in a bad or dangerous direction would be dealt with as it would in any other forum.
    I thought I had addressed that question in the original post in this thread.
    Epilepsy is underfunded and under-researched, but seizures kill more people than breast cancer does each year.

Have a question? Check out the INGO FAQ: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...qs_sticky.html

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I thought I had addressed that question in the original post in this thread.
    Apparently that went right over my head. My apologies.