• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Following up on a post submitted by Annie in the useful websites thread, I submitted this email to the Founder/Director of the SFWA:

Dear Ms. Long,

My name is Pamela. I have only in the last few months come around to the realization that firearms are a necessary tool to help with self defense, and in that realization have opened my eyes to the plethora of opportunities that gun ownership has to offer. By opportunities, I mean I have realized that owning a gun doesn't necessarily mean I have to be able to shoot someone or that I might accidentally shoot myself. It also means going to the range and shooting at targets for practice; it also means taking trainings and practicing and taking more trainings and practicing more and taking... ; it also means competitions such as what the USPSA offers as well as informal bowling pin matches at the local conservation club; it also means developing new friendships with people who realize all these opportunities are available as well.

As such, I have become active on the Indiana Gun Owners website forum (INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community) and we have recently convinced the Site Admin that we needed a forum that specifically addressed women's issues in firearm ownership. We have over 800 members on the board, but only about seven members are female. We are hoping that with the creation of the women's forum that we will be able to entice other women to join in our discussions and help educate the wives, girlfriends, sisters, daughters, and other women in the lives of the men on our board. As a result of this forum, I was directed to the SFWA website, and I was completely taken in by your mission statement and various other things that were mentioned on the website. However, it has led to several questions:

First, is there an SFWA chapter in Indiana? If not, what do we need to do to start one?
    Second, are there plans to continue developing the site? I was excited when I saw all the links (especially the "How to" and "Shopping" sections), but only the bottom few work. As a web developer myself, I was disappointed to see so many broken links that had so much potential.

I look forward to your response and hope to hear back from you soon!

Sincerely,

Pamela
    Indianapolis, Indiana

I immediately got an out-of-office type response that said due to the volume of email she receives, it might be three business days before I hear back from her. Hopefully I'll get a more personal response soon.

In the meantime, does anyone else know anything about this organization?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Following up on a post submitted by Annie in the useful websites thread, I submitted this email to the Founder/Director of the SFWA:

I immediately got an out-of-office type response that said due to the volume of email she receives, it might be three business days before I hear back from her. Hopefully I'll get a more personal response soon.

In the meantime, does anyone else know anything about this organization?

It would also be nice if there was one in IL too.

Top Bottom