• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    One of our instructors recently bought his wife an .38 snub nose Air Weight and put a Crimson Trace laser grip on it. His wife took the class this past Saturday She has shot very little, and only 22's.

During the shooting portion, at 15 feet, she put every single round in a group the size of an average person's ear.

But then grandma (his wife's mother, who has never shot a gun) stepped up and nearly duplicated the feat.

I must tell everyone that she was shooting the whole time supported by sandbags in single action.

So what? Sandbags at 15 feet. Perhaps, but it gave a couple of brand new shooters a lot of confidence.

After the class my buddy (same instructor) let me shoot his M&P .40 with a Crimson Trace. At 50ft on sandbags, I could only manage a couple of 4-1/2" group. Then I turned the laser off and shot two 1-1/2" groups. :dunno:

Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    One of our instructors recently bought his wife an .38 snub nose Air Weight and put a Crimson Trace laser grip on it. His wife took the class this past Saturday She has shot very little, and only 22's.

During the shooting portion, at 15 feet, she put every single round in a group the size of an average person's ear.

But then grandma (his wife's mother, who has never shot a gun) stepped up and nearly duplicated the feat.

I must tell everyone that she was shooting the whole time supported by sandbags in single action.

So what? Sandbags at 15 feet. Perhaps, but it gave a couple of brand new shooters a lot of confidence.

After the class my buddy (same instructor) let me shoot his M&P .40 with a Crimson Trace. At 50ft on sandbags, I could only manage a couple of 4-1/2" group. Then I turned the laser off and shot two 1-1/2" groups. :dunno:

Weird. Are you used to using a laser sight? Maybe it was awkward enough for you to use that it broke you out of whatever groove you get into when you shoot.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    For a shooter who knows how to use the front sight, the Laser is most likely a specialty tool. Specifically for those moments when using the front sight is NOT an option. (Read shooting from retention, or from some other S*IT Sandwich position in ECQC)

They do have an added intimidation factor when presenting your weapon I think. Both you, and the bad guy know almost exactly where the gun is pointed.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    ive had lasers on a couple of guns and my findings are that they make a good shooter shoot bad and a bad shooter shot worse. they are neat and they are good for intimidating a bad guy. but when i went to the range and used it i couldnt hit ****. its just like a video game where youre watching the laser move around the bullseye and youre waiting for the right time to pull the trigger to hit it. youre not focusing on aiming. youre trying to time your trigger pulls to the movement of your laser and thats not good practice.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom