• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK312

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Cicero
    Came up from Cicero for the grand opening yesterday. There was tons of ammo vultures there, but the staff was very helpful and the gun selection was excellent. I got a M&P15 and a G19 and the prices were the best I've seen anywhere.

+1 to Ryan for taking care of me and making sure to let me know where I was in line. I now have a new favorite gun store and will be making more trips to Ft Wayne.

Thanks again guys.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Went up this morning with the wife and father-in-law. Picked up a couple of PMAG's, some PMC 308 Winchester, and 1000 rounds of Federal XM193 (split with the FIL).

Everyone was very helpful and friendly, but they have always been that way at the gun shows, so no surprise there.

Apparently it was crazy there yesterday with people lined up two hours before they opened.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I got in there for the first time today, amazing, it'll be nice to save the extra gas going up to Goshen! Good for my collection, bad for my wallet. :)

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Nice place, the staff was friendly. I asked if I could order the Savage model 42 I've been hankering to buy, they spent a half hour calling around for me trying to price and find one. The price would be decent if they could find one..

Pretty good service for me right out of the gate. But, if those in charge read these forums, please see below.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...rappy_attitude_at_zx_guns_fw.html#post4150504

I would advise checking out the Women's forum, their experience is not as good. Hopefully constructive criticism is welcome.

markrageh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    I will never go back to that place. I purchased over 1,200 dollars in ammo and a Glock handgun. The guy got really ****ty about the paperwork as I was filling it out, filled out that form loads of times, and nothing was wrong with it. After that he walks away and I can hear another guy make several mistakes while calling it in and constantly correcting himself(not just my paper work but also the lady ahead of me) I don't know if it was amateur hour or what.

Also heard several other negative comments from local people at my place of employment.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I will never go back to that place. I purchased over 1,200 dollars in ammo and a Glock handgun. The guy got really ****ty about the paperwork as I was filling it out, filled out that form loads of times, and nothing was wrong with it. After that he walks away and I can hear another guy make several mistakes while calling it in and constantly correcting himself(not just my paper work but also the lady ahead of me) I don't know if it was amateur hour or what.

Also heard several other negative comments from local people at my place of employment.

Look different people have different experiences, but this is your first post? I'm almost starting to think a certain competitor is trying to spread a bad reputation. I don't know the Fort Wayne employees that well but ZX
    Goshen has always had their act together.

markrageh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Look different people have different experiences, but this is your first post? I'm almost starting to think a certain competitor is trying to spread a bad reputation. I don't know the Fort Wayne employees that well but ZX
    Goshen has always had their act together.

Yeah that was my first post. I'm not a "fanboy" of any specific shop. I've had good experiences at Midwest Gun Exchange, Wrigley Fire Arms, Freedom Firearms, Ed Hershey's Discount Guns, & several other shops. Like I said terrible service and several other people I know weren't exactly pleased with the place either.

I've also purchased magazines from them at gun shows, never had any issue. Wish I could say the same about the new store..

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    As Judge Judy says its all hearsay if you hear it from other people. Always have had great service from ZX and all I other hear people say is the same. Maybe instead of giving us your first post as a negative you should have contacted ZX and shared your concerns with them. More productive.

markrageh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    It's constructive criticism, take it or leave it. Don't be dicks to people who spend lots of money at your store. Know if you have a limit on ammo, don't let customers hear you messing up background checks on the phone, don't be a dick about the paper work, and don't get ****ty when someone asks if you can order a certain Wilson combat riffle. I've visited the goshen store and purchased magazines from them at gun shows, never had any issues. I just figured I would place my experience here since this is a forum, hopefully they see it then improve and better themselves.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by Midwest, Freedom, Wrigley, Ed Hershey's and others.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    It's constructive criticism, take it or leave it. Don't be dicks to people who spend lots of money at your store. Know if you have a limit on ammo, don't let customers hear you messing up background checks on the phone, don't be a dick about the paper work, and don't get ****ty when someone asks if you can order a certain Wilson combat riffle. I've visited the goshen store and purchased magazines from them at gun shows, never had any issues. I just figured I would place my experience here since this is a forum, hopefully they see it then improve and better themselves.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by Midwest, Freedom, Wrigley, Ed Hershey's and others.
    When claiming to have dealings with an LGS you could at least learn how to spell the name.
    You got it wrong twice.
    It's Ed Hirschy.
    Not Hershey.
    Although I consider Ed's place to be a grown up's candy store I wouldn't say he's a chocolate bar.
    And......
    IMO...
    If you have a beef with ZX you'd be better off talking to them about the issue rather than coming here to throw your :poop: around.
    We have enough real issues to discuss and really don't need someone apparently signing up just to trash a new gun store.
    I have bought firearms from dozens of different FFL dealers over the last forty six years and have never had a bad experience at any of them.
    And I'm a hard ass to please!
    Maybe you are spoiled. :dunno:

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Zx Guns is a great shop sorry to hear the problems people had but remember they hired some new guys and not everybody that works at a gunshop is all knowing about guns some maybe trying to get their foot in the door to LEARN the biz. If so many people had that many problems they must of been there opening day cause it was super busy. Hell my cousin needed 45acp and the chick there grabed 45colt and his id and sat it in the pile of ammo in the order it was going to check out. I beleave they took care of him. They knew it was busy. As said before if all these people had a problem they should say something first.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom