• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Depending on who you get the service here is hit or miss. I’ve had good experiences and bad. Likely not go back though.

Just stopped in there today to have a gun (1911) shipped to an upstate New York FFL and they refused to do it. This is not a banned firearm nor did it include any magazines and it was going to another FFL. It’s the receiving end FFL and buyer to know their state laws. I don’t understand the issue, they can check the FFL to make sure they are legit. Just another situation where other gun owners are rude towards fellow owners.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Where are you located? If you are in the Fort I can recommend two FFLs who will do it for a very small fee, $25 unless they changed their pricing. PM me if interested.

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    They have always charged a fee plus shipping, and thats fine with me. They just refused to ship to NY. It’s ignorance of the law on their part. It’s a handgun and it was going to another FFL obviously.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They have always charged a fee plus shipping, and thats fine with me. They just refused to ship to NY. It’s ignorance of the law on their part. It’s a handgun and it was going to another FFL obviously.

Thanks for clarifying. I have never been to that store as it is just to far away.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    FFL

Did they give a reason?

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Nope, just said we don't ship to NY period. As stated before, I have had guns shipped here to transfer (one time was a huge cluster) and I have them ship guns for me that I have sold. Granted, I know NY is restricted on some firearms but this was a 1911.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Their business--- Their rules.
    Hate you had a disappointing experience but I understand the shop's view.
    I don't do business with ANY of the Underworld states either. None.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I live at the opposite end of the state and have never been to this shop. But I can understand a local shop having a policy to not ship guns to NY, CommiFornia or other restrictive state. Just to much at stake.

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    What is at stake? I'm just curious? It's going to an FFL, it's the receiving FFL's responsibility to refuse the transfer and know the laws.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What is at stake? I'm just curious? It's going to an FFL, it's the receiving FFL's responsibility to refuse the transfer and know the laws.

Until for some reason that it isn't. I'm not in a position to say what is right or wrong, legal or illegal. But a privately owned shop should have the ability to set their own policy.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Until for some reason that it isn't. I'm not in a position to say what is right or wrong, legal or illegal. But a privately owned shop should have the ability to set their own policy.

Yes, they should. Equally true, the rest of us should have the ability to harbor and share unflattering opinions of them.

Walking Bear

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Floyds Knobs
    Sounds to me like they do not want to do the paperwork, I feel that they should transfer, however I went to a local shop and asked about a transfer and they said sure thing $60.00. Too much cash ? Now they did not say no so what if it would of been $100, 200 makes you question the FFL system. I know "home dealers" charge less.

Top Bottom