• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Thinking about getting an 03FFL to buy C&R rifles from out of state.

I know I can buy C&R rifles out of state and have them shipped to me directly by having an 03FFL. But will I be able to buy FTF out of state (Michigan) from 1) a dealer or 2) an individual and transport the rifle back to Indiana myself?

Trying to make sure I keep my nose clean.

Thanks in advance,

Les

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Les, it's my understanding that you can do the FTF transactions as well (just learned that actually). LarryC, LarryHoosier or Libertarian were the one(s) that told me about that. I'm not absolutely sure that's the case with a private seller, but I think so. 99% sure about dealer sales though.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Yes if the other party will take it then you are perfectly legal. You will have to get their name and number to enter in your bound bood.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Thinking about getting an 03FFL to buy C&R rifles from out of state.

I know I can buy C&R rifles out of state and have them shipped to me directly by having an 03FFL. But will I be able to buy FTF out of state (Michigan) from 1) a dealer or 2) an individual and transport the rifle back to Indiana myself?

Trying to make sure I keep my nose clean.

Thanks in advance,

Les

Please dont take ANYONES' word for it when it comes to dealing with BATFE questions. While all of the above are correct.... have a look for yourself. Publications - Firearms - Curios or Relics List | ATF :patriot:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To Imyer,

Do not overlook the fact that once you have your C&R with all of its benefits it also comes with some issues.

For example, you can no longer do an "anonymous" buy and/or sale of a C&R weapon. If you buy or sell you MUST 100% no exceptions get the other persons name and address. This will be entered into your bound book. So if Bubba thinks its nunya biness what his address is to sell ya'll a gun, you cannot legally go through with the buy. Same thing on the sale of firearms gained through your C&R license. So if you want to buy on INGO or some other forum that is great, but you do need out of courtesy to let them know up front what you will need as a C&R holder.

Also, do NOT sign your license. It remains unsigned. You make copies of it and sign those. That way your original signature is on every license copy that you trade with an FFL01 or FFL03 when acquiring your firearm.

Good luck in your venture!

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom