Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Police: Customer shoots robber

Updated: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
    Published : Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
    INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Police say a man trying to rob an Autozone Saturday morning was shot by a customer. The incident happened around 9:30 Saturday morning at the Autozone near 10th & Arlington.
    When officers arrived at the store, they were told the suspect had been shot by a customer during the robbery. They say the suspect ran from the store and when officers found him, 21-year-old Carlos Ortiz had a gunshot wound to his leg.
    Ortiz is currently at Wishard Hospital. No word yet on whether the customer will face any charges.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Police: Customer shoots robber

Updated: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
    Published : Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
    INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Police say a man trying to rob an Autozone Saturday morning was shot by a customer. The incident happened around 9:30 Saturday morning at the Autozone near 10th & Arlington.
    When officers arrived at the store, they were told the suspect had been shot by a customer during the robbery. They say the suspect ran from the store and when officers found him, 21-year-old Carlos Ortiz had a gunshot wound to his leg.
    Ortiz is currently at Wishard Hospital. No word yet on whether the customer will face any charges.
    I'd charge him with poor marksmanship and make him take remedial target practice.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Don't worry ........

I'm sure the perp is receiving the highest quality free medical care and will have free legal representation. After all is said and done he can sue the customer that stopped the robbery for damages.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    "No word yet on whether the customer will face any charges."

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

It's the media, what do you expect?
    Yep. Even if the DA's office isn't going to file charges, but fails to say so, the media will always say something like "there's no word yet" just to make you think charges are being considered. It's just one of the many little tricks the MSM uses to manipulate the way their audience thinks.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm curious to know what threat the robber presented? The article didn't say if he was armed and confronting the cashier... or if he just tried to snag some wheels off a display and run.

Reporters never give the real details. :n00b:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It sounds like a violent felony was being committed and as such I don't think the armed citizen can be sued in civil court by the perp or his family. I think Indiana law changed a couple years ago. Might be wrong. After all, I was a plumber.

Top Bottom