glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wouldn't say this is a -1 or a +1, you can take from it what you will,

I was going to buy this:

Glock 17 for $350
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._for_sale_or_trade/3987-wts_glock_17_9mm.html

I told him I would like to purchase and we agreed on a time/place, but he couldn't meet until Monday night, which was fine by me.

I ask why such a good price - out of curiosity......Seller tells me that ...he doesn't..."look at making $20 on a gun or losing $5 on a mag as a big deal.."

Then I get this msg a few hours ago.

"I had this gun up for sale on another site and last week a fellow sent me a pm and I marked the gun as sold...I did not hear boo from him for 3 days and thus I listed it on this board Wednesday...Well he came back from spring break with his kids and even though I can't say he was the best communicator I did tell him he could have it...he is alos paying $400 and lives 3 miles from my house...I want to be fair and I know we had a deal but I i did "jump the gun" and did not give him time to get back to me...I also feel somewhat like I owe this guy because he is paying a premium and I have done business with him in the past. I appologize but I am going to have to back out of our deal. Feel free to give me a -1...I know I probably would."

I guess I would expect this behavior from a larger site, but not from this one. Hopefully others don't go about business in this fashion.

Why put a gun for sale on this site, that has already sold on another? Secondly, why back out when a buyer is ready to purchase on the site you already made a decision to put it up on?

What bugs me the most is I came across another good deal, but didn't purchase because I already had committed funds to this seller - guess I should have just backed out? :n00b:

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom