• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Was at my brothers house shooting some hanguns and rifles. Finished up and was leaving, and as I was driving down the road noticed two sheriffs cars pull into his neighbors drive. Quickly called my brother cause I knew they would go see him. It wasn't 10 min. he calls back and said they had a complaint of gun shots. He explained he and I were doing some shooting. They asked if he didn't mind if they look where at we were shooting, he say's no problem. They checked it out said looks good, sorry to bother you just had to follow up on complaint. Said they wern't there 5 min.:rockwoot:
    I"m sure they sent the deputies with degrees in civil engineering to evaluate the shooting site. What if they didn't like where you were shooting at?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What did it matter to the deputies where you were shooting?

It could be that the complaintant thought the bullets were impacting upon his property but was confused by the sound waves.

Friend of mine and I were shooting submachine guns in Tippecanoe County when deputies showed up and advised that they received a complaint that we were shooting over the roof of a nearby house opposite the property where we were shooting. "They is shooting all around meye house." Once they saw they hillside and the acoustics involved, they had themselves a long belly laugh and left.

Suppressors keep everyone happy.:D

Boone County deputies have no excuse for gun ignorance as the Sheriff is an Associate Professor of Gunology at Gunsite.;)

culleydog45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    He publicly berated my wife to the point tears and accused her of illegal activity .

He was luckly I wasn't there to berate him!

Kinda getting off topic here, I just wanted to give a shout out to the deputies who came out, and were great. Then it went to them being plus 1 for 2a, and then about the gun coarse.

Hotdoger if what happened to your wife was to happen to my wife I would feel the same as you. I'm not sticking up for him. I don't really care for him and didn't vote for him. I just was talking about the class he and other instructors give as top notch. Don't have to like him to take a course that will help me out. But if he was to talk to my wife like you said I wouldn't even think about taking his course.

mlake12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    I have ran into an issue like this in the past, just doing their jobs, there are some folks that are not too keen on the whole gun idea. Its frustrating at first but when you step back and look and the big picture.........hey, at least they are following up

Top Bottom