• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    +1 for Mossberg. I called Mossberg service to check if a ejector and ejector pin were available for my old (70's) 500AB shotgun and they are sending me the parts for free! This is the second time that this has happened. They also sent me a new front sight for my 702 Plinkster last spring. They never asked for warranty information, and neither of these guns are new. I have to say that is some pretty good customer service. :yesway:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Have to balance that out with a -1... I sent two barrels (one from a brand-new gun that had the ports and the front sight drilled off-center, and another from a customer's gun where the barrel mounting ring had come completely off the barrel on the first shot) back for replacement more than a month ago, have yet to receive anything.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I'm going to bump it back up to a +1. I just sent my Mossberg702 in for repair on the trigger spring that went dead on me. Maverick replaced the entire trigger module no questions asked, and replaced the front sight that had broken off last summer, which was a nice bonus.

I was pretty worried. I had heard bad stories about Maverick's repair service from some co-workers prior to shipping them my rifle. Not only do I feel they did a great job, it was complete within a 2 week turnaround. I was very pleased.

Good luck Shooter521, hopefully you either hear from them soon.

dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    -1 for mossberg I sent a 702 plinkster to them because it was jamming up and they sent it back I fired 2 shots and the third one jammed again and continued shooting it still same issue sent it back and finally I just had them return the gun because it was the worst gun I have ever owned.

dw357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I am very pleased with my mossbergs. They are good shooters and are easy to maintain.

dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    Well maybe I should say this about mossberg even tho I had bad experince with the rifle I had bought the shotguns that I have had from mossberg were very reliable and never had any issues out of them.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I love Mossbergs, at least 500s, no experience with the rifles. I might consider the new bolt actions, but I'll stay with other manufacturers for .22s (Marlin, Savage, Browning, etc.). I would LOVE to try one of those 930s though, they look nice. Like many others, my 500s haven't needed any service, so +1 for Mossy.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Have to balance that out with a -1... I sent two barrels (one from a brand-new gun that had the ports and the front sight drilled off-center, and another from a customer's gun where the barrel mounting ring had come completely off the barrel on the first shot) back for replacement more than a month ago, have yet to receive anything.

My XD has some cosmetic issues from the factory and they told me I could send it in whenever but it could take a month or more to get it back depending on their work load.... it may be the same with Mossberg. They also said I could send it in then or years from now... they pay for shipping and will send me a box with paid return shipping to send it and they take care of the rest and will fix it for free..... so waiting a month or two is no biggy for me if it is all free.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I have always been happy with the 500's, the 702 is OK, I most likely wouldn't buy one again, but I got a great deal on it used. I was just commenting on the great customer service I received from their service department. I grew up with my dad's 500 riot gun, and we used them in the Corps. They've always gone bang, I've got no complaints.

choppers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    I am a Remington person myself but recently purchased a Mossberg youth combo from a gun shop only to find out the extra choke tubes it was suposed to come with were not in the box. Whether the gun shop lost them, someone stole them out of the box or Mossberg forgot to put them in the box in the 1st place we will never know, but i called Mossberg and told them my problem. They didn't waste any time in getting those choke tubes in the mail to me & in time for me to give it to my daughter for christmas no charge, no hassel. I call that damn good service no matter what anybody says. They could have just told me tough crap, go back to where you bought it.

Top Bottom