• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I was coming back from Bradis Saturday around 12:30. I was stopped at a stop light on Kentucky Ave. when I was rear ended by an elderly woman in a 2005 Honda CRV. She hit me pretty hard, sending my Jeep forward a few feet.

As you can see from the picture, her CRV was pretty much a loss, and had to be towed away. And, if you look carefully, you can see the words "Wrangler", upside down, in her hood.

Luckily, nobody was hurt!

259eed4d.jpg

After all the damage done to the CRV, no damage was seen from my Jeep. But, knowing my luck, there probably was something there. So, I contacted INGO member AllenM of Diamond Collision, an INGO advertiser!, and he told me to come on over this morning. So I met him there, and he looked over my Jeep very well. And informed me there was no damage. Made me feel a lot better!

Here's pictures of the Jeep.
    15399eee.jpg

54037cc3.jpg

So if you guys could rep AllenM for me, that would be great! Thanks Allen!

:ingo:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Another reason to add to the list of why I like Wranglers. My wife was rear ended earlier this year in ours with very similar results. Tow truck for the striking vehicle, not a scratch on the Wrangler.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    We should start a club. I was rear ended a few years ago in mine by a woman driving a Celica. Hit me hard enough to push my Jeep forward a few feet. Broke both of her headlight bezels, front air dam, driving lights, and buckled her hood. My repairs were limited to scraping a small patch of her paint from the bottom of my rear bumper with my thumb nail.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    yeah...well... Count me in the club of having had a Jeep that was totaled out from under him... :-)

I can't stand Chrysler / Dodge products due to past experiences. AND those experiences of family members...

But that one Jeep saved a co-worker and I some SERIOUS injury one afternoon several years ago.

An eldery lady ran a red-light and T-boned the 4-dr Cherokee that I was driving. She couldn't have timed it any better...she hit exactly between the wheels. Thankfully the slightly-higher-than-passenger-car unibody / rocker panel took the impact and not the door (for the most part). Pert'near tipped us over onto the passenger side, but a nearby street sign saved us from going over.

THAT Jeep gets a +1 from me. The rest of them suck. hehe

-J-

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I got rear ended in my CJ on Christmas Eve several years ago. It didn't have a spare tire rack on it and the car that hit me (IIRC a Ply Sundance) got stuck on my trailer hitch. Didn't hurt the Jeep at all but the wrecker driver had to tear the crap out of the other car to get it off.

Top Bottom