• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Went to his Intro to IDPA course at the Atlanta Conservation Club today. AWESOME class if you are looking to get into IDPA but dont know where to start. (Unfortunately I dont think he has another scheduled this year.)

He spends about 90 minutes of classroom covering all aspects of the competition and safety.

We then moved to the range to work on drawing your weapon, then slowly moving up from firing from low ready, to draw and fire, and eventually into a string of firing 3 shots moving toward/3 backing away from the target.

Finally we setup a sample IDPA course of fire and ran it a couple times; once to get the feel, then a second run not scored to allow us to work on anything we wanted to even if it wasnt part of the official course (like maybe practicing only headshots, weak hand only, etc)

He was professional, polite, and laid back, all while being exceptionally safety conscious (without being a nazi about it). He's an awesome coach, who will work with you when you have a minor "oops!" without berating you. (my problem is my muscle memory reload style puts my muzzle over the top of the berm. While not the end of the world, its not kosher for many ranges... something I need to work on.)

And after the worst range performance I have ever put up a couple weeks ago at FNS (which had me SERIOUSLY doubting my abilities and shook me to my core for about a week) this was what I needed to get back in my groove and not give up on competition!

Cant wait for my first IDPA!

Thanks Joe!

Top Bottom