• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I bought a Nickel HP 22 used at the Indy 1500 last fall. Paid around $110 for it.
    The HP22 is cheaply made and should be junk but it's not.
    I picked it up because of the many good reviews I read.
    I got it home and it shoots great!
    Accurate and reliable. Even more accurate than I expected.

After about 50 rounds I noticed that the mag release was really touchy.
    If you just brushed it the mag would fall out.
    I called Phoenix (fully expecting to pay for some parts) and explained my problem.
    The woman on the phone said that she would send a new mag release along with installation instructions right out... NO CHARGE.
    In about a week the parts came and I fixed the little guy and it has been perfect ever since.

Just a couple of weeks ago I bought a black one from someone on this forum.
    I got it home and took it apart for cleaning prior to firing and the take down lever was broke into two pieces.
    I am not sure it was the sellers fault since it would not go back together with the take down lever broken like it was.
    I was disappointed and called Phoenix again.
    Sure enough, they sent me a new take down lever FREE OF CHARGE.
    I am going to test it out tonight.

:rockwoot: :+1: for Phoenix

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have had nothing but positive experiences with the Phoenix Arms hp22. I had one for a couple years and shot the hell out of it and it was very accurate and reliable. Congrats on your purchases and glad they took care of you! :yesway:

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I had an HP22 and it was great! The only reason I got rid of it was to fund something else. I will get me another....I think they're a great bargain! I even carried mine sometimes, thats how confident I was with it.....

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Need to call them monday-my hp22 I've had 10 yrs recently developed a cracked slide below the ejection port. Will post results of the call,unless they just mail me a slide, In which case I'll forget it ever happened!

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Had a HP 22 with the "target barrel" and extra mag, that I bought for my wife when they first came out. Total JUNK!!! (unless they have changed in some way) Way too many "safety features" and seemed more from the "ring of fire' group than anything else.Don't know about CS but, I got rid of the wife and the Phoenix and never have looked back.

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Had a HP 22 with the "target barrel" and extra mag, that I bought for my wife when they first came out. Total JUNK!!! (unless they have changed in some way) Way too many "safety features" and seemed more from the "ring of fire' group than anything else.Don't know about CS but, I got rid of the wife and the Phoenix and never have looked back.

It's total junk because it had too many safety features?

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    No Ronald, I had many ftf's and fte's but with all the Great Safety features, it was just not going to work for me. I learned long ago to stay away from the cheap guns from any of the Jennings Bros. but hey, thats just me,your mileage my very.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I have extolled the virtues of the Phoenix many times on this forum, my experience with the customer service, was above and beyond! Mine is currently on vacation in Colorado (lent it to my daughter for protection on the way home from here) I will be seeing her soon!!!....and my daughter too........

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My wife and I had two at one time, sold mine to fund something else. She has put around 700 rounds through it with the only problems ever were ammo related (ammo had issues in my 2 Ruger pistols that day consistently). Nice little accurate suckers, cheap to buy/shoot. We got the 5 inch barrel upgrade pkg. for like $50, comes with an extra mag. My only gripe would be the abundance of safety features, but keep in mind these are made in California with different regulations than we have. I would recommend these to anyone especially for a fraction of the price of many other .22 pistols.

Top Bottom