• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Only if you have it cut shorter than 16" or an overall length of 26".

From the INGO FAQ:
    What exactly is a Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR)?
    By definition a short barreled rifle, or SBR, is a rifle (which is defined as a shoulder-fired, rifled bore firearm) with a barrel length of less than 16", or an overall length of less than 26". In measuring barrel length you do it from the closed breech to the muzzle. On a folding stock weapon you
    measure with the stock extended, provided the stock is not readily
    detachable, and the weapon is meant to be fired from the shoulder. The rules are pretty cut-and-dry as to the definition of a SBR. If the overall length with stock is less than 26" you have an SBR. If the barrel itself is less than 16" you have an SBR. You can still buy or manufacture SBR's. You can buy one by filing a Form 4 or you can make one yourself by filing a Form 1 (we'll get to that later).

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    so lets say it got cut down to 14, and the suppressor is on (5 inches more)
    i would be good?

Unless the suppressor is permanently attached, you are in possession of an unregistered SBR.

I'd deep-6 that barrel if I were you.

-J-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Do it like mine....
    1022tactical.jpg

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I am about to post a relivant post to this one....give me about 10 minutes and look for it. :-)

For the OP. You can thread a bbl and keep it the original OAL. No length needs to be taken off to thread a barrel. You can even use the factory crown. I can do it for $75.00.

I do about 3 10/22 barrels a week through both SSNFA and Beech Grove Firearms.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    I am about to post a relivant post to this one....give me about 10 minutes and look for it. :-)

For the OP. You can thread a bbl and keep it the original OAL. No length needs to be taken off to thread a barrel. You can even use the factory crown. I can do it for $75.00.

I do about 3 10/22 barrels a week through both SSNFA and Beech Grove Firearms.

i would like to still have a dovetail to use irons
    are you able to do that as well?

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    You could always do a charger too. Would be short, use must of your 10/22 accessories. Shorter barrel. No stock but if you ever really wanted one you could sbr it.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Another option,. although a bit pricey is teh TacSol SBX. Basically it's a short barrel with a very large 'flash hider' built into it, bringing the length to 16". You suppressor fits inside the flash hider and screws onto the barrel, giving you like a 16 1/2" OAL with teh can installed. About the samde price as SBR'ing a 10/22 but no wait, other than the fact the barrels are backordered....

http://www.tacticalsol.com/products....tpl&product_id=39&category_id=22&keyword=sbx

Doug K

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    Just the presence of a silenced .22 causes things to happen. I know when I got mine, wild cats stopped leaving "presents" on my truck...my garbage stopped attracting dogs and raccoons on garbage day, and grackles stopped nesting in my area. Just think what may happen if I actually took it from my safe! lol

Top Bottom