+1000000 Smith and Wesson Warranty Service!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    About three weeks ago I was having trouble with my 5906. The barrel cutout for the guide rod was badly worn down preventing reassembly. I sent it in and waited. I just got home and opened the box and figured all they did was file out the cutout to work properly.

NOPE!

I got a BRAND NEW barrel, new extractor, and a new recoil spring. all of this on their online parts list comes out to around $120+. I also got a 10 round magazine (anyone want to trade?). WOW S&W, just...WOW. I can't believe I got a new barrel still. Smith and Wesson just made a lifetime customer. When I get my .357, you can bet it'll say Smith and Wesson on the barrel. And when I get my first full-sized Tupperware gun, sure as hell it'll say Smith and Wesson on it.

Great job you guys at S&W! :patriot:

EDIT: Forgot to add, this was all FREE :D

Last edited:

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Glad it turned out well for you. I've not had to use their customer service yet, but if I ever do I hope to receive the great service I keep hearing about.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i had to deal with them on my bodyguard, they were top notch. had a set screw come loose and jam the gun, breaking the cover for the laser. emailed them they sent new cover, screw and wrench. woulda been awesome to get an extra mag, but i wont complain.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    SW CS

I had a problem with the moon clips that came with my 442 Pro. Bad time everyone was at the Shot Show. Took awhile but , I got new replacement moon clips and they work fine.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    And this was a 15-20 year old used gun, correct. Can't beat that.

Ex police gun. The S&W forums puts my gun's birth year in the 1994 range. So an 18 year old 5906, non original owner, free gunsmithing and parts replacement. I guess it's easy to see why Smith and Wesson has been around for over 150 years.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Glad it all worked out for you. When you going to go shoot it. I am going to try to head to Atterbury on Saturday to let the Mosin do some talking and to try out my first batch of handloads.

Top Bottom