• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asquinton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    I picked up an 1100 a couple of years ago and finally got around to trying it out recently. The gun fired ok and sometimes ejected the fired shell but would double feed from the magazine tube every time. I spent a bit of time researching the problem on the internet with little luck. There seems to be a lot of miss information out there.

The interceptor latch on the left side of the receiver was the issue. The latch rides up when the action comes back on a fired round and is timed to flip up after the first shell in the mag kicks out onto the elevator. There is a latch that rotates on a post in the receiver, a torsional spring that returns the latch to it's "non intercepting" position and a 1/4" c clip that holds latch on the post in the receiver. In my case, the c clip had been broken or lost and was missing. It took a while to find since I thought the latch was staked to the pin on the receiver. Anyhow, I installed a 1/4 c clip I had in stock (it's a PITA without tiny c clip pliers).

The gun runs great now. I test fired 15 rounds of AA skeet loads which are light and it ran flawlessly. Before it would fail every cycle.

Here's a link with some good pictures showing the interceptor latch assembly. http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=310275

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom