• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Bought a used (well used) 1100 hat has been through a couple of guys as a three gun shotgun. it will not lock open on the last fired round. I've tried several different types of ammo and still no luck. It will lock back manually, but not upon emptying the magazine. It's got one of the easy loaders on it and it's been suggested that that part has worn. Sound like a good assumption? I'm new to 1100's so I'm kind of in teh dark. I'm ready to order the Kunhousan book on 870's and 1100's, but I"m also interested in the new Mossberg 930 SPX.......

Thanks for any help,
    Doug K

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This site has a lot of pretty knowlegable people that may be able to help you. I am limited on the 1100. Since the bolt will lock back manually, maybe you are not getting the full stroke off the gas piston. Have you checked the piston and "O" ring that is visable when you take the forearm off? I hope it is that simple. If you cannot figure it out, Trapshooters.com has some folks that are really good with the 1100 Remington, and some actually make their living as a gunsmith. Good Luck

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Not the o-ring

The o-ring is only a seal and has not affect on locking the action open, although it is a good idea to replace it whenever it looks brittle. On the 1100 there is a tube under the forearm that cycles the action each time you pull the trigger (Action Bar). Two long thin action bars push the bolt carrier back towards the buttstock. Check to make sure that the action is cycling completely. If not you may need to clean out the main spring tube that is located in the buttstock. Remover the trigger group, or have someone help you, and clean it thoroughly and replace.

Try these things first, gets a little more complicated from here.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Yes an O ring can affect the locking of the bolt. If the O ring is worn than there isn't enough pressure to fully push the bolt back to lock it. I don't know about the "easy loader", but when my 1100 had locking problems changing the O ring fixed the issue.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes an O ring can affect the locking of the bolt. If the O ring is worn than there isn't enough pressure to fully push the bolt back to lock it. I don't know about the "easy loader", but when my 1100 had locking problems changing the O ring fixed the issue.

This.

If you call Remington (they have a really good crew taking calls all day-every day helping with stuff like this) the first question they'll ask is "is the gun unloaded", the second question will be about the o-ring.

Top Bottom