• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Tonight before you go to sleep give your loved ones hugs and kisses and tell them how much you love them. Get off your email, Facebook, iPhone, xBox, Nintendo, of whatever else we are always attached to and stop and enjoy your loved ones. You do not know if you or them will be here tomorrow.

Today the LORD, the GODS, Buda, Mother Earth or whatever higher being/beings you believe in has decided that at 2:30PM, 12 Apr 2011, it was time for my grandma, Maria Herrera, to finally leave this world. I was not able to arrive in time to say a final good-bye to her. My last physical good bye was on Saturday when we celebrated her 81st birthday in the hospital. (She had been in the hospital since Friday, 01 April 2011 due to her health [lung/heart issues]).

Yesterday I called her to talk to her and she could bare speak and did not know who I was anymore. As some of you know she had begun to show signs of dementia early this year. The failing of her lungs/heart only speed this process it appears.

My dad tells me that last night when he was leaving the hospital she told him "Good bye son" (he is the only child) and did recognized him before he left. He found it rather odd she would tell him that but I guess it was her way of saying good bye to him. He too was not able to arrive on time today either.

Alas now she is in a better place and finally again with my grandfather who left this world 8 years ago. I don't have any details of the funeral arrangements at this time. Tomorrow morning we will be taking care of those issues. Tonight I just wanted to share with you this information and to remind each and every one of you to enjoy the precious time we have on earth and stop and smell the flowers.

So take time out of your busy schedule to talk/hug/kiss those you love. You just never know how short time is until it's all gone. That care.

---
    This BTW was grandma's gun.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ing_a_s_and_w_model_34_1_stainless_steel.html

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers.

Wake Visitation
    Friday, 15 Apr 2011
    3:00PM to 8:00PM
    Oleska-Pastrick Funeral Home
    3934 Elm Street
    East Chicago, IN 46312

Funeral Mass
    Saturday, 16 Apr 2011
    9:30AM Casket at church
    10:00AM Mass
    Our Lady of Guadalupe
    3510 Deodar Street
    East Chicago, IN 46312

Burial to follow mass at
    St. John Catholic Cemetery
    1547 167th Street
    Hammond, IN 46320

---FUNNY NOTE---
    Yes if any of you come ya best be :draw: since this is in "da hood" (ie. Harbor!) :laugh: It appears that yesterday in the "post shock world" my dad was in the funeral home above was the first one that came to his mind (that is the one we used when my grandpa passes away 8 years ago) as oppose to the much nicer ones elsewhere in LAKE county. :faint:

Top Bottom