• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    Hobart
    Here's a short video of my 15yr old daughter shooting a friends WWII M-1 on the 100 yard range. She's been shooting with us for about 4yrs but would never step-up and experience anything larger than a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22,
    [video]https://youtu.be/6iP6XKz6Dtw[/video]

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nice. I wish when I was kid my dad and grandpa had weapons like that to shoot. I was stuck with lever actions, shotguns, and revolvers.

:(

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    Hobart
    Nobody noticed her shooting glasses had the left eye lense blacked out, the reason for that is she has trouble finding her target thru her scope on her 17hmr rifle. So I blacked out the left lense and now it's easier for he to get a quick sighting

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    Hobart
    A couple of weeks ago she was shooting grandpa's colt 45 but she's afraid of my desert eagle, hopefully soon she'll brave-up and shoot it at least once

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    That stance.... OMG that stance

I don't understand why people want to lean away from a gun. If it's one that has the recoil to knock you down, you've just don't half of the work for it. My wife always holds her revolver out and arches her back, drives me insane. I've been working with her though.

OP, great way to start her out. Just be careful handing her something like a 12ga or a Mosin until she learns to lean into it.

crazycatlady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Allen county
    Nobody noticed her shooting glasses had the left eye lense blacked out, the reason for that is she has trouble finding her target thru her scope on her 17hmr rifle. So I blacked out the left lense and now it's easier for he to get a quick sighting

I read somewhere quite recently that 85% of women are left eye dominant.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    As a former NRA Instructor who has taught many women's classes I can assure you that the first problem we had to deal with with ALL of the ladies was to get them to stop leaning back away from the gun. Some of them leaned back so far the recoil of even a .38 revolver would knock them over if you weren't behind them to catch them. It's just a natural reaction to a big scary explosion.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    That stance.... OMG that stance

I was coaching some first time shooters (family from the east coast) how to hold a rifle when shooting. Basically i told them stand like you are about ready to start a race. Lean forward, feet apart and look down the sights. With in minutes they were all shooting like champs.

I cringe when people lean back and arch around the rifle. At least she's shooting :ar15:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Nice. I'm going to be teaching my 10 yr old to shoot one of those the next time we go to the range. Neat weapons with little recoil but the power of a .357 mag.

Good idea on the 'starting the race' stance.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Looks like fun. That is a good choice for introducing a young shooter to larger calibers.

Next step is to show her the same training videos the soldiers that used that gun saw 75 years ago!

https://youtu.be/mrkp025iKr0

thanks indyjohn for posting that link. Sometime take a look at the training video for attacking a German MG-42....they say in the video "it's bark is worse than its bite." I beg to differ!!!

Top Bottom