• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    9mm XD 16 round mag (has the +2 extention). It is marked as a 16 round mag but when using a speed loader you can get 17 rounds in it...... Spring is NOT weak, brand new mag.

17 ok or stick to the 16?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    So its a 14 round mag with a +2 extension, but its loading 17?

I'd stick with 16.

On the bottom it says 16 round and on the back of the mag were is has the holes so you can see roughly how many rounds are left the last hole says 16.

Just mentioned the +2 extension part in case it matterd. Sub compact gun.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    On the bottom it says 16 round and on the back of the mag were is has the holes so you can see roughly how many rounds are left the last hole says 16.

Just mentioned the +2 extension part in case it matterd. Sub compact gun.

Well then if its a 16-round magazine with a +2 extension, you should be able to load 18 rounds into it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Well then if its a 16-round magazine with a +2 extension, you should be able to load 18 rounds into it.

That is what confused me because even with a speed loader I dont see a way of getting 18 in it.... I push rather had and there is enough space for maybe half a round.

I will mess with it more and report back later.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    This is what I was thinking. Can you get another round in?

EDIT: We posted at the same time so you answered my question. Try leaving the mag loaded with 17 for a little bit and come back to it later. that is what I have to do to load my 29 round mag for my Glock

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    This is what I was thinking. Can you get another round in?

EDIT: We posted at the same time so you answered my question. Try leaving the mag loaded with 17 for a little bit and come back to it later. that is what I have to do to load my 29 round mag for my Glock

29 round glock mag? mine holds 33. i thought they were 30 rounds but are they more?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    i have the factory 16 round mags, i will have to try this, is there any reason not to put in an extra round ?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I am thinking it is just a finger extension because if I remember right the +2 extension mags say that on the mag (+2). No way to get another round in to make it 18. I know after I do some shooting I know it will free up some. I think I will fire a few with 17 in it and see how it does. Like I said it has enough room still to fit half a round so I don't think the spring is being stressed. If there was no slack at all I would be worried that ti was to hard on the spring and would not do it.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My Glock [27] is the exact opposite. Both mags have +2 round Pearce extensions. They should hold 11, but only 10 fit.

My USP 40 13 rounders will hold 14. You can't load it into the gun with the slide closed, but if the slide is locked back, I can then put the mag in and release the slide. This is kinda nice when I'm gonna carry it, I don't gotta do the extra step of taking the mag back out to add another round after I load the chamber.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    29 round glock mag? mine holds 33. i thought they were 30 rounds but are they more?
    Sorry about the delayed response, I forgot about this thread. It is a .40 happy stick and it was not Glock factory, it was some off brand that jams up all the time and doesn't drop free. (POS if you ask me).

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Just make sure to test it well before depending on it for serious matters. You want a little extra room when the mag is fully loaded. To some it will appear as though the mag will hold or be close to holding an extra round (and some will). This extra room is good. Otherwise you really have to press hard to get it in the gun when the action is closed. Good way to not get a mag seated properly during a reload.

Top Bottom