• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Received my new VZ operators today and proceeded to change out panels on my Sig TacOps. Backed out panel screws and bushing came with them. So now bushings, panels and screws are all essentially one piece. I did order new bushings and screws, so not an emergency, but would like to get these apart. Anyone with ideas?

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've heard this is a common problem w Sigs, although I haven't swapped the grips on mine yet. Try hitting the parts with a heatgun and then use pliers to hold the bushing while you unscrew it.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Put a dab of blue loctite (NOT RED) on the bushing and carefully reinstall, ensureing not to crossthread. Let cure, then try removing the screws again.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Didn't really want to mess up the threads or original grips. I'm guessing Sig used Loctite on screws and not on the bushings/

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Yup.

Oh, and make sure you degrease the threads on the frame and bushing before applying the loctite. A qtip with some rubbing alcohol or even some brake cleaner will work well. Probably goes without saying, but even a little bit of oil in there will reduce the effectiveness of the loctite and put you back at square 1.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Put a dab of blue loctite (NOT RED) on the bushing and carefully reinstall, ensuring not to cross-thread. Let cure, then try removing the screws again.

^^This. :ingo:
    and this:
    O-Rings.jpg

Grip screw O-rings act as loc-washers. When using our G10 grips you may need these to lock those bad boys in.

Last edited:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Got the o rings coming too. Loctite is curing now. Right side came off as is supposed to. Left side is the one giving me fits.

Top Bottom