• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ptt811

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, IN
    I have a 1911 and I need a Left hand or ambidextrous Safety. I looked on Midway USA and most are out of stock but some are around $50. Any advice on what to do ??? Or do I just bite the bullet and spend the money ?? Is there one kind that is better than the other ??
    Thanks!

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    $50-ish and up is pretty normal for an ambi safety. You could look on Brownells as well, though you probably will not find anything cheaper than Midway.

Keep in mid that the 1911 safety is one of the most important part of the pistol and not the easiest to produce either.

Anyway, looking at the brands available on MidwayUSA, I did not see any that I would advise against.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Another thing to keep in mind. I don't think I have ever been able to buy a "drop in" safety. They all have required fitting

ptt811

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, IN
    I ordered the Colt Safety from Midway for $25... Had to file a little on the Tounge and groove where they fit together and relieve the Grip a little. Other than that is was about a 10 Min. job. I am happy with it. Now if the weather holds for the weekend ??? So I can shoot.

Top Bottom