• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Looking for recommendations for a 1911 pistol smith. This would be a ground up build and not a refurbishment. I would like to find one reasonably close as I want to put boots in the shop. Let’s keep it within a 4 hour drive of North Central Indiana.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    AllenM here on INGO is my go to for all things 1911 and 2011. He has done ground up builds as well as custom “refreshing” on existing pieces. Check out the Diamond Collision section for site supporters and see his build threads. He is located in Avon 3430F3E1-9FC0-42A9-88A3-50571BC6887E.jpeg
    This was a frame up custom Carry Comp in 45….
    152375E5-E30E-495A-8A8D-5B6B47165AC8.jpeg
    this is a 9mm/38 Super matched set on a Colt frame with Caspian slides.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There used to be a nationally known over by Fort Wayne. Not sure if he is still there. I think his name was Neil Keller. Seems like there was another guy over there tied in with Cabot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looking for recommendations for a 1911 pistol smith. This would be a ground up build and not a refurbishment. I would like to find one reasonably close as I want to put boots in the shop. Let’s keep it within a 4 hour drive of North Central Indiana.
    Not sure of anyone that wants “Boots in the shop” as these artists work when the spirit drives them.
    I have one with Allen right now waiting on a frame. He is my go to guy.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Maybe my phrase “boots in the shop” is being mistaken. I would like to meet the person and discuss what I want. It also gives me a feel for them as a person. I don’t expect to go traipsing around the work area.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe my phrase “boots in the shop” is being mistaken. I would like to meet the person and discuss what I want. It also gives me a feel for them as a person. I don’t expect to go traipsing around the work area.
    Understand.
    I have had a lot of people want to watch the process. That never works. To many distractions and this opens up to mistakes.
    so in your comment I think we all assumed your comment to be as I assumed. Apologies.
    used to get this building performance engines as well.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi

Makes sense. At minimum give Dave Laubert a call! He’s one of the nicest guys in the biz.

Top Bottom