• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    This is a United States Property stamped Colt 1911 A1 manufactured in 1918 for the first World War. The slide is one of 21676 Remington UMC slides ever produced between 1918-1919 for the government contract. The frame is not scalloped behind the trigger like many of the later 1911 A1's so it could easily be converted to an original true 1911 frame by adding a flat mainspring housing. It has the eagle head stamp above the mag release, "54" is stamped on the rear of the trigger guard, and the "E" is stamped on the top rear of the slide above where the hammer meets. I'm sure if you search the internet you'll find some Remington UMC slides that have sold for almost what I'm asking for the entire gun. The Colt magazine isn't the original dual tone, and I'm sure the grips haven't seen both World Wars either but the gun itself is a true piece of American history. I'll probably regret selling it especially when it has it's 100th birthday in 5 years but I don't shoot this one and I've got a Wilson to pay for. Asking $1400 and buyer must produce an IN DL and a LTCH. Please PM me if interested or if you have any questions. I thought I would list it on here before putting it on gunbroker. Thanks for checking it out.

US GI Black Army Photos by TheDoaner1911 | Photobucket

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom