Please reply by conversation.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    SOLD

I'm selling off my project car. :( For a variety of reasons, I never completed this, mostly due to shifting priorities now that I have a yound daughter and another on the way. Can't fit carseats in this car! :) The good news is that my wife said that if I sell this project, I can use "some" of the money towards a new gun. :rockwoot:

The car is a 1973 “ChromeBumper” 2 door roadster. It was originally MGTartan Red (Orange) with black top. I bought this 6 or 7 years ago from an individual that has used it as a parts car for a 1974 restoration. Hence, the car is not all original, but is very close.

1800cc 5main engine from 1974 ½ MBG, bored .030” over, new 8.5:1 CR pistons &rings; mains line bored & crankshaft turned, polished and polished. .020” over main and rod bearings installed,and entire rotating assembly balanced. New camshaft with stock profile, new tappets and pushrods. Cylinder headdeck planed, and cylinder head rebuilt with new valves and seats for unleaded fuel. Engine built with ARP main, rod, and head studs. Emissions air pump included, but not installed. New waterpump installed. Intake and Exhaust manifolds reused, and carburetors in good condition. Will need ignition system, alternator, andstarter. Several small parts, hoses, and belts also included loose. New radiator and gas tank included. Will need some new fuel lines.

Body in goodcondition, partially restored. Somesurface rust, and some repairable through-rust in some places. Small damage to rear valance with partialrepair with bondo (will need correct repair.) New replacement floor pans welded in, and reinforced with additionalbracing for seat mounts. Bumpers in goodcodition, with minimal pitting and scratching of chrome.
    Includes new interior kit, new radiator, new gastank, replacement brake lines, and many other parts. Most parts included needed for completion ofrestoration excluding driver’s seat, dashboard, and convertible top. Suspension in working condition, butrecommended to be rebuilt.

More than willing to take more pictures or give more details. Tough to capture 6+ years of work in 1 post.

Willing to drive a reasonable distance to deliver, but would prefer you to pick it up.

Asking price is $3500, negotiable. Included in that is the car, and all of the parts for it that I have, many of which are still new in boxes. I have over $5000 invested in the car, and much of that is in the parts that have yet to be installed. You could very likely buy this from me and turn around and piece it out and make your money back. I just don't have the heart to do that since I have so much blood and sweat equity in it.

Also interested in full or partial trades for a variety of items, including firearms, reloading equipment, shop tools, silver, etc. Try me!

Looks like this right now...

1973mg.jpg

but can look like this with some TLC (Taken from the internet)...

OrangeMGB.jpg

Last edited:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    How much in the way of ...

... badges, caps, strips, handles, & shiny chrome bits do you have with it?? Has the engine run lately?? How's the gas-tank, clutch and trans. ?? Any wheels, stock or otherwise?? And, was 1974 the year the DOT rules phased out the chrome bumpers ??
    BUMP! Price is very negotiable. Wife wants it gone, and she means business!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom