vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Sold \

UPDATE with pictures. This is my actual 550. I received some interest and today was warm enough to clean out the garage enough for a picture. I have not started the bike since last year and the battery is DOA.

picture.php

picture.php

1975_Honda_550-4_hi_res.jpg

Not mine but this is what it looked like originally from the factory. I have removed the rear fender and the high handlebars, but still have both if you want to put them back on.

I originally purchased this bike last year to make a cafe racer like this. {edit} The picture below illustrates what i was hoping to achieve when i bought the bike, sort of a long term Cafe racer project. Unfortunately if you've read the Hmmwv thread, or the "free stuff" thread you'll know that there is no way i'll be able to park the thing in the garage without making some room. The Hmmwv will be a constant expensive project so the motorcycle has to go.

845288580_p5U7Y-XL.jpg

There is no damage that i can see to it and last year it ran great. I really dig the kick start. Over the fall i began the conversion process by removing the rear fender and installing new straight bars instead of the one's seen in the picture. My GF moved in with me and suddenly my large for me house became too small for the both of us and some of my toys have to go as apparently she has to be able to park in the garage.

I need to get rid of this bike as well as some other things (note the free stove). I never finished the project as i can't move in my garage anymore or find any of my tools. I still have all the parts that i removed or replaced if you want to put it back the way it was. PM me an email address and i'll email you some pictures.

I'm looking to get $2,000 to recoup my loss, but it's more important that i get rid of this thing than make my money back...so OBO. I'll also trade for Ak's, AR's, Aimpoint, Eotech, valuable stuff that's smaller than a motorcycle etc etc etc

Clean title in hand. Spring is upon us.

Q and A:

So the bottom picture is of the bike as it currently sits? Nice retro restore. I'll send a link to my son.

Actual picture on the bottom? If not, please post actual pictures of the bike, I'm interested, VERY interested if that's an actual picture.

Unfortunately no, that is NOT a picture of the bike. I too would be very interested in a bike i could buy for 2,000 and sell tomorrow for 10,000. I apologize if my wording was too nebulous. The purpose of the picture was to show my intention with the bike and explain why i was doing work to the handle bars incase someone who is coming to buy it happens to be a 70's motorcycle purist. The bike looks just like the first picture only with the high handlebars removed and in the process of being swapped with a straight bar. It also isn't as polished as far as the aluminum is concerned.

OK, so neither picture you posted is actually a picture of the bike you have for sale?

Affirmative. The above picture is essentially what it looks like. The bike itself is in great shape for it's age. The paint is perfect, but the aluminum engine has dulled (just needs to be polished). The difference between mine and the picture on top is that mine doesn't have the long handle bars on it. I haven't posted my own pictures as like i said, i can't get to it in the garage since the GF has moved in and stacked boxes around it. If i took pictures they'd be from inches away so you would only see things like the fuel cap and thats it. I chose the top picture as it best represents what it looks like. If someone says they're interested, i'm willing spend two hours moving boxes to get a couple of pictures to email out.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Bump again OBO get this out of my garage before the new vehicle gets here.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    1600 OBO Really need this gone... need a place to park the new vehicle. One more bump and I'll list this on craigslist.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Sold Pending a long drive from Lowell :)

It ran and sounded great. I may even keep it as i can't go much lower...so last bump. $1400 OBO

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom