• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    My FIL is giving me his 1990 Dodge Ramcharger.

I'm so excited! I just know it has the 5.9L (360) 4wd (solid front axle).

Not much know other than good interior and glass! Hasn't run for over 10 years, so I plan on full fluid changes, bearing and brake checks, fuel system clean/replacement, etc. I believe it has TBI, which I may just swap over to carb, depending if the engine and tranny are useable. If it all needs replaced, I'll figure it out when the time comes. I know there will be rust coming from IL, but this will be my property/run around vehicle.

This will take a while given my other things to do around here, but should be a fun project to escape from the house out to the shop!

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I had a mid 80's ramcharger back in the early 90s. Great vehicle would go anywhere, only downfall was it got terrible mileage. I think I got about 4 gallons per mile or something like that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Cool vehicle. We had a couple on the lot back when I sold cars in the early '90s.

The ones we had were more stripped down than the average Bronco or K-5 Blazer, but that's probably just a matter of what option were chosen. I recall them driving as well as a Bronco, better than a K-5 (those were squirrelly).

One piece of advice, if it isn't rusty yet, get some Fluid Film all over underneath because they were famous for wanting to return to the ground from whence they came. Pretty easy to get more power out of a 360 of that vintage.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    View attachment 329170 View attachment 329171 Looks like some add on panels or something? She won't be a beauty queen!

If you mean the black and silver trim (with one missing on the door), that was factory trim. I had it on my '87 Dodge truck. Same body style, but '87 still had the 3D Ram head hood ornament. 318/4M. I drove that truck for years but finally had to replace it because a regular cab truck with a stick shift doesn't play nice with a rear facing child seat in the middle.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Pretty decent shape considering the year.
    As someone pointed out above, the 360 in a 4wd wasn't going to win any mileage competition.

Top Bottom