• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Here is my 1939 military Luger (42 Mauser). A birthday present from the wife (she was with me when I purchased it and that sounds less mercenary than ,"present to myself!"
    Rig.jpg

I've always wanted a shooter and I think that I did alright on this one. It came with original Karl Barth holster w/original tool, and 2 original matching mags. Everything matches except the safety bar. When I first bought it I had some difficulty with the trigger. Replaced the FP (saving the original), FP spring, and trigger bar spring. It shoots very well now with very consistent trigger. I bought it for a price that I would expect to buy a non-matching shooter for, my good luck I guess. It has a very tiny import mark on the right side which if you didn't know it was there would take some good eyes to detect, my kind of import stamp.:rockwoot:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Happy birthday you lucky dog!

Nice firearm.

Maybe I should make a pitch to my wife!

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have a BRAND N E W LUGER, but it's a MITCHELL STAINLESS STEEL made in 1991, i've never shot it, wish it would have been blue. Your LUGER has a history, if only your gun can talk

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    I have had it since it was done by Ben when he had the Gun Room at Muncie in 1976 and it has Never been fired since I have owned it,I don't like a 9mm anyway Not enough punch,I shoot one of my Ed brown 45's

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Congrats on the great present LH! You have a very nice gun and a fine piece of history. I don't know much about Lugers but they do have an aura. I have an undated DWM with unit markings on the frontstrap that the Luger gurus at NGD say first was issued in WWl. My dad took this from a panzer crewman KIA when his tank was destroyed ( bazooka blast) near Vielsam Belgium Dec 1944.
    gunpictures1007.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom