Please reply by conversation.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    MAKE OFFER!

(See below for info as written by my wife..)

Up for sale is my 2003 Ford Focus ZX5. My parents bought it new in 2003 and I bought it from them when I moved to Indiana from Ohio. I have a clean Indiana title in my name.

**EDIT TO ADD - 102,900 Miles***

My grandmother passed away about a year ago, about 3 months before my daughter was born. We found out over the winter that she'd left her car to us for our growing family, so the Focus has been driven very minimally since November of last year.

For almost 10 years old, it's in pretty good shape, but it IS close to 10 years old - there are a few dents and dings, a scrape on the driver's side front bumper, and a little rust near the wheel wells (see pics for details). While the car was parked it was hooked to a battery tender, and the tires are in good shape with plenty of life on them. It's got a lot of nice features - power windows and locks, cruise control, a moonroof, fog lights, a 6-CD changer, keyless entry fobs, and fold-down rear seats that will let you pack the car FULL of stuff.

There are two issues that I know about on the car. First, the valve cover gasket has a leak. Normally you'd just have a drip on your driveway, but depending on how you park it can drip on the exhaust pipe, giving you a burning oil smell until it cooks off. Here's a writeup on the repair - Zetec Valve Cover Gasket Replacement - Focus Hacks
    The other issue is the adjustable end link. I had one go loose on me and I replaced it myself in an afternoon in the garage, but the other is original. It's probably only a matter of time until the original goes loose. Again, not a difficult replacement. Since it hasn't been used much recently, you'd probably want to give it a once-over and change the fluids and stuff.

The car has been great - it's carried my stuff for years, but I've got a little bit more of a sentimental attachment to the one my grandparents left us - I'd like to pass this one to a good home where it'll be appreciated.

I'm looking for $5000 - if you're looking to defray some cost, I may be interested in a UTV/Golf Cart or Military or Law Enforcement Collectibles (Send Pics!) and can negotiate some if we're trading. I'm available 8a-8p if you'd like to take a look.

Here's a bunch of photos of the car - https://picasaweb.google.com/105776...&authkey=Gv1sRgCLf0-IiK9ajcEQ&feat=directlink

Thanks for looking - PM me with any questions or to set up an appointment to check it out!

Car is located in the Delphi area.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom