• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Who's been cutting some pumpkins up with loved ones this year for Halloween. If you or someone you know cut it up...Post it up!

Here's the ones my son, wife, and I did tonight.

102911_2555.jpg

102911_2562.jpg

My son's.

102911_2560.jpg

The wife's

102911_2557.jpg

and mine.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Cool Pumpkins, we don't do that anymore, haven't since our daughter was little. Curiosity, do you roast the seeds after you get finished? We always did, and they're far better than the ones they sell in the stores. :twocents:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Roasted pumpkin seeds are awesome.

I use Chem-Lights for my lanterns.

I've never lit our pumpkins like that, but it's a great idea! I do SECOND, THIRD AND HEREBY PASS the nomination that Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are truly Awesome! They're one of the delicacies of the season! After scooping them out of the pumpkin and getting all the strings, pulp, and other nasty things off them, wash them clean and let them soak for about 10 or so hours in very salty water. Take them from the water, dry them off, and lay them out on something nonstick. Don't use paper towels, wax paper, saran wrap, etc, they'll just stick to that once they're dry.

We have but best luck using Pam on large cookie sheet, and left them out to dry for another 24 hours. Salt them liberally and put them in the oven at about 300 degrees. Bake until they turn a bit brown around the edges, flip once or twice, then after about 2 or so hours, take them out (leave them on the pan) and let them cool.

Once they're cooled, remove them from the pan and put them in an airtight baggy (we usually use Ziplock) and store them at room temp.
    They make awesome snacks for watching the tv, eating while on the computer, or just reading a book. You can try and separate the seed from the shell, or just eat them whole. Either way they're very good, and a good source of vitamins. We have taken to buying them by the bag, the best ones that I've found are made by "David & Sons". They make great Sunflower Seeds too, especially the Ranch flavored ones.

Pop a handful in your mouth and enjoy!

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Here is a pumpkin my wife carved.

Bpumpkin.jpg

I haven't have pumpkin seeds in a long time. Now I really wish I had a spare pumpkin sitting around.

Top Bottom