• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've got coyotes moving in on me here recently and my cat is my buddy, and I fear he's gonna be coyote supper before too long. Whats a good do it yourself way of hunting these things? I've seen the tapes and calls and stuff. Is that all i need?

also, I've got a mosin, a Marlin 60 .22, and a Mossberg 500 12 GA, (along with a G22 and a .44 blackhawk, which I'll rule out.) Whats best for a yote gun? I really don't want to buy another rifle. Thanks
    Never hunted Yotes but I would say the Mosin would be too much. The marlin with the right ammo like Velocitor would get the job done with good shot placement. The 12ga would work good at the appropriate range. Had a buddy a few years back that would bait them with expired meat from his local market, or dead pigs from a farmer friend of his. Gotta go some time and try this myself!

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    I have them in my back yard. From year to year it varies as to whether or not I feel they need to be controlled. This year, as last, their going to get some hell. They've been coming really close to my kids and not showing alot of fear. I've found when they behave this way, they're ready to be called in. I took a female, maybe 35 pounds, last year with a 10/22 and Velicitor ammo from about 50 yards. I prefer .223 for this but the Ruger was ready and close by and I just ran out when I heard them.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    DSCN1458.jpg

That is one big hole for an arrow. Sure that was not shot with a rifle?:laugh:

TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    Yotewhacker:

The blood around the entrance wound makes it look bigger than it is. However, the broadhead was a G5 striker magnum, fixed blade with 1.5" cutting diameter. :yesway:

timurphy88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    those are some sweet pics, i have yet to get one...hopefully after deer season I can focus on getting a yote

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I had my mom send me my Randy Anderson videos out here to afghanistan to get me all pumped up for some yoder dogs. 1 more month! Im going crazy im so excited to get the Bushy Varminter back out. Keep posting pics. It motivates the hell out of me.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Bad deer hunt, but...

Well, I went out to hunt tonight only to find that my stand that I had wanted to hunt from was stolen! Private property that is well marked in Boone Co., but it was gone. Was pretty pissed about that, so I went over to the other side of the farm to one of my other stands and enjoyed watching a couple of squirrels while I waited for a nice deer to walk by. Never saw any deer, but on the way out I woke this guy up in some of the tall grass in front of my and nailed him from about 15 yards away. The 240 grain hornady xtps once again did a nice job from my marlin 1894, though a bit overkill for the range he was at. Still pissed about the stolen stand, but this guy softened the blow a bit. He was trotting away from me and you can see the entrance wound near his tail.
    yote1119-1.jpg
    [/IMG]
    yote11192.jpg
    [/IMG]

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Thanks. No it was not marked. I guess I need to go around the property and mark all my stands and get locks for them. Pretty sad that one needs to do that on well marked private property. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Made my first hunt for yotes earlier this evening. Weather not the best, windy and the direction kept changing. Didn't see any, but I did call in a great horned owl on my first call series. He perched in a tree about 20 feet away looking for the rabbit making the racket then left when he figured out he got duped.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    This thread motivates me to hunt coyotes. I want to give it a try with my AR. Any good places in north-central indiana?

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    picture.php

Decided to coyote hunt last night instead of deer hunting and as I'm climbing up on some bails of straw in an old run down barn I see a herd of 8 deer within feet of my hunting blind just my luck. I set up there watching the deer for about a 30 minutes and right about dark I hit a rabbit distress call and I see her running on the same trail the deer where on 41 yards away so I raise my gun put the cross hairs on her and down she goes. This is the first coyote I've used the 243 on and all I can say is wow.

Top Bottom