• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I just got the walleye rod and reel spooled up with some power pro. I think we may head up to Maumee ohio and get in the river this sunday. still a little early to be limiting out but walleye are being caught. bring on the sun to warm the water up a few more degrees !

anybody else do the walleye run ?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Have you been using Power Pro before? I had a heck of a time with it jumping off the spool. I've always used Fire Line for gators and been real happy. You can feel them "breathe" on the bait. Well a good quality rod helps too!

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I'll be heading to Quetico provincial park in Canada this May for our spring trip into the deep back-country. Been there a half dozen times now and the fishing is world class! Bringing my 2 boys this year! :rockwoot:

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    Have you been using Power Pro before? I had a heck of a time with it jumping off the spool. I've always used Fire Line for gators and been real happy. You can feel them "breathe" on the bait. Well a good quality rod helps too!

This is my first year for Power Pro. I have always used Fire Line. My buddy loves the power pro so i thought i give it a shot. it has the highest strength to diameter ratio. and no stretch what so ever. I have a ST. Croix mojo for the rod. I hope the line dosent jump off the spool. one thing i hate is trying to cast and having a blow up of line. especially when your standing chest deep in the river.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I'll be heading to Quetico provincial park in Canada this May for our spring trip into the deep back-country. Been there a half dozen times now and the fishing is world class! Bringing my 2 boys this year! :rockwoot:

where in canada is that located ? I want to go up there any fish but never been to canada. I dont want to pack up and go without no gameplan.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You're a braver man than I, going to the Maumee. I went once and it was shoulder to shoulder, full contact fishing. I didn't enjoy it at all.

Top Bottom