• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    I need to find types of AR platforms in .22 caliber. I know S&W 15/22 is like the AR for the most part. Any other AR .22 platforms exactly like regular AR's?

We are considering allowing these types of AR's in our advanced carbine class but it cannot be pieces of poop like Mossberg's.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Do the conversion kits qualify? I'd guess that's as close as it gets...

IMO conversion kits would be okay for classes that are CQB focused, inside of 20 yards. 50 yard accuracy is pretty poor with a 1:7 to 1:9 twist and .22LR. A .22LR dedicated upper on an AR would be my first choice, followed by dedicated .22 AR platform like the M&P 15-22.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We use CMMG conversions in our patrol rifle inservice. Drop the bolt/mag in our rifles and we were good to go. Fantastic training for close shooting at metal targets. For the first time we were able to use our AR's in our tac bays. Considering buying their conversion kit for myself. Great way to start the kids on a full sized rifle.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    After doing some research I am going for the Colt Umarex. There are several models and Bud's Guns in Lexington KY has them for $366.00 which includes shipping. That is less than I can get the same model wholesale out of Jerry's Sports. Jerry's is getting $399.00. On top of that around $18.00 or more shipping.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I recently purchased an HK AR-15 in M4 variant .22 LR so my granddaughter could have a battle rifle like her dad an Pa-Pa.
    It has excellent 50 yd. grouping and from all appearances it is near identical to a standard AR. Something worth checking into maybe.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Any other AR .22 platforms exactly like regular AR's?

None are exactly like their centerfire cousins, but some are closer than others.

S&W M&P 15-22
    Colt/Umarex M4-22
    H&K/Umarex HK416 .22
    Mossberg Tactical .22

Then you've got .22 conversion bolts that drop in to regular ARs.

CMMG
    Spike's Tactical
    Ceiner

And there are lots of dedicated uppers available from many different companies.

Spike's Tactical
    CMMG
    Chiappa
    Nordic Components
    Tactical Solutions

These lists aren't all-inclusive, as I know I'm forgetting some.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had the Colt and S&W and by far the Smith wins for for me, also had an early Sig 522 and still like the Smith better even than my 10/22. Miine has been very reliable with a few thousands of rounds down range.

Top Bottom