• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i just picked up a browning a bolt 11 micro hunter and a cz.i have an anschutz 1432,that is now the 1730 and 3 savages,one single shot and two clip fed.with win.40 grain factory ammo.the savages are half to three quarter inch at fifty yards,the anschutz and browning are the best at a quarter to half,the cz isnt far behind.i have had the savages for years,recently bought the others for comparison.i am impressed w/ the euro guns w/ factory ammo.i like older guns,but iam going to keep the browning or anschutz.anyone else mess w/ 22 hornet?havent tried at one hundred w/ the newer ones.the anschutz feels the very best,browning cheap enough to hunt with,w/ out worrying about scratching.it looks new.just saying a hornet can shoot factory ammo good,a new fact to me.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Years back while growing up in Michigan, we had a T/C Contender with many barrels. My favorite for squirrels was a .22K Hornet. It was a 10" barrel and was very accurate, it had a 2x scope on it.

Being a K Hornet we had to fireform .22 Hornets in it, they didnt sell the Ks anymore.

The only negative that I see with the .22 Hornets is the cost for the ammo.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I have had several and the few that remain I've turned into KHornets. I like them in a Ruger 77, oddly enough, but an Anschutz would definitely be a right way to go. I tend to not worry about scratching anything regardless.

Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    I have a Ruger 77/22 that I've been tinkering with on and off for a couple of years.
    It doesn't shoot factory very well but my hand loads don't shoot bad at all.
    The last load that I was playing with is a 40 gr V-max moly and Lilgun powder.
    Lilgun seems to heat the barrel faster than other powders, I'm going to try 2400 next.
    I've also read good things about the 35 gr V-max.
    I have collected seven different 22 cal molds that I want to play around with.
    The first on the list is a factory 42 gr 225438 HP.
    So many projects, so little time.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    weeelll

i just picked up a browning a bolt 11 micro hunter and a cz.i have an anschutz 1432,that is now the 1730 and 3 savages,one single shot and two clip fed.with win.40 grain factory ammo.the savages are half to three quarter inch at fifty yards,the anschutz and browning are the best at a quarter to half,the cz isnt far behind.i have had the savages for years,recently bought the others for comparison.i am impressed w/ the euro guns w/ factory ammo.i like older guns,but iam going to keep the browning or anschutz.anyone else mess w/ 22 hornet?havent tried at one hundred w/ the newer ones.the anschutz feels the very best,browning cheap enough to hunt with,w/ out worrying about scratching.it looks new.just saying a hornet can shoot factory ammo good,a new fact to me.

Which one were you trying to sell?:D

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i dont know,the cz was borrowed,i have had the savages since the seventies,so the browning or anschutz.not really trying to sell but.i am building a house and trying to hold out till i need the money.framing starts tuesday.i cant sell anything on this site,i am an old man and cant stand the to sell to alot of people who ask how long is the bullet or will it kill this or that.if i shoot one more than ten times,i dont know or care about the rnd. count.just questions that make little sense to me.i guess its my way of thinking.all my classifieds get deleted anyway.

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    i ve got 2 hornets H R TOPPER158 and a RUGER 77 both at 50 yrds shoot 1 in groups but the topper shoots 1 in at 100 and the ruger 1.5 at 100 i figured it to be an excellant coyote gun 50-75 yrds ,out the back door of the house cause them buggers are 30ft at night at times so keep on playing with them find the right loads and enjoy

BigBrian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Greentown,In
    I got a savage 22 hornet and it shoots ground hogs great. 75 yrds aimed at its eye and thump down it went. Right straight in its eye,dead on. with scope attached. Been buying rounds at gunshows and find box of 50 here and there for $20-30 bucks. Privy-partisan stuffs ok but not as good as rem or win. hornadys great stuff.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i buy most of mine at yard sales.i bought a frw boxes of win. and rem. in brown boxes which i had never seen before.havent tried that yet.i use win. mostly.i wouldnt trade my savages for two brownings or anschutzs.

Top Bottom