• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    22 TCM Range review ETC

I've seen a few posts about these but nothing comprehensive and I thought I would put some of my experiences down for the INGO forum.
    It's the first new concept that I've seen in a while that IMHO is ground breaking.. First I will say the the 9MM functions flawlessly but I can't seem to bring myself to take the 22 TCM barrel out to play with the 9MM.
    The TCM is simply the most fun I've had shooting a pistol in years and from what I've seen I would consider it for defensive work. Recoil spring on the TCM is 8 # if I'm not mistaken so even the most diminutive among is should be able to retract the slide. The pistol is 41 ounces, all steel (forged frame and slide) and I think for most people will fit the hand about as well as any double stack pistol (17 rounds in the mag). Seems very well made and very accurate and is very reasonably priced, usually about $650 online. (I've never seel one for sale at any of the shops in Indy) This is the first Rock Island 1911 I've owned and for the money seems like a very well put together pistol. I make it to ITPs range about once a week and nearly always end up taking it along even if I just shoot a few rounds through it. With all the hype about the 5.7 I really don't understand why these haven't really taken off. Ammo is available from Armscor for what I consider a reasonable price and it out performs the 5.7 hands down.. If anyone is looking for something a little different I would recommend looking into one of these. I'm setting on two of them a the moment and on the list for the Commander size that is supposed to be out mid summer. I"m still having trouble not bidding on a great deal on one when I see it on GB, that's how I ended up with 2 again after selling one to ArmedProgrammer.
    Pic is of the Commander version coming out soon. (Rock Island calls it a Midsize).

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic

[/FONT]

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Thought I would update with pics of the NEW Commander size TCM.. It's a little different in the fact that is has a FLGR and it doesn't have the additional 9MM barrel. It functions flawlessly like the full size and also too much fun to shoot. I'm normally tepid about the FLGR but it works great in the application and takedown is easy because the recoil spring is so light in the TCM. Thanks to U S Defense Solutions for a great deal on the pistol. (they also had a full size TCM but it sold today when I was there) and also thanks to ITP for always having the range available and the great deals I get there..

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Top Bottom