• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That was my thought, too. I haven't done it yet.

Since it's being discussed in the other thread, I'm gonna go ahead and close this one.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    last post 11-15-2009. also I added a couple other questions about suppressor efficiency and bore wear that this thread does not intend to address.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I called Tactical Innovations today regarding this matter. A nice lady answered the phone; I said I had a tech question about a Tac-65. She asked what I wanted to know, briefly put me on hold, and advised me to e-mail their support. I am currently still waiting on an email back from them regarding another matter, so i figured that would prove uneventful. I found this on their site.......

Many shooters like to use a .22LR conversion kit on their M16/AR15 and the TAC65 is a perfect fit for .22LR firing. However, even though you can have the suppressor on your rifle and could physically shoot a .223 round through it, due to the extremely higher pressures etc, the TAC65 suppressor will be destroyed with possible injury to the shooter and / or bystanders. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHOOT A .223 THROUGH A TAC65 or ANY OTHER SUPPRESSOR DESIGNED FOR .22LR AMMUNITION.

My understanding of this, is that with a conversion kit, it would be just fine to fire .22lr through a 5.56 / .223 bbl, exiting a .22lr suppressor. This is enough for me to say "I'll try it"; and I will, when my NFA transfer is approved. I would still like to hear any personal experiences with this.:)

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I thought about doing the same thing (22 can on my AR w/ 22 conversion). I decided it was prudent for me to just get a dedicated 22 upper. I figured that if I just had a 22 conversion on my 223 AR & had my 22 can on it, one day I would inadvertantly go back to 223 & not get my 22 can off before touching of that 1st (very expensive) round of 223. :n00b: :ugh:

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I was practicing some voodoo and [STRIKE]accidentally[/STRIKE] brought this thread back from the dead. I am proud to say it is the first one that I have ever done! :rockwoot:

My wait on my first suppressor, a Guardian 22, is nearing the end. A google search gave me some information on whether this will work or not. But I wanted to see if any of you have tested the theory that this would work?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I was practicing some voodoo and [STRIKE]accidentally[/STRIKE] brought this thread back from the dead. I am proud to say it is the first one that I have ever done! :rockwoot:

My wait on my first suppressor, a Guardian 22, is nearing the end. A google search gave me some information on whether this will work or not. But I wanted to see if any of you have tested the theory that this would work?
    What theory?

.22 conversion kit + .223 AR upper/barrel + .22 suppressor?

It will work. I shoot my Outback II with my Ceiner kit all the time.

Top Bottom