2nd wife ok for some, have THREE...face FIVE years.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I have seen COUNTLESS polititians and people in the public spotlight come out and confess to having extramarital affairs.

A few that come to mind..... Bill Clinton, John Edwards, Newt Gingrich.

Kody Brown has three wives.....AND a fiance. They ALL live together in the same house and have 13 kids.

Sister-Wives-Episode-2.jpg

The Brown family faces five years in prison.

Judgment Day in 'Sister Wives' Polygamy Case - FoxNews.com

'Sister Wives' Bigamy Prosecution Would Be Rare - FoxNews.com

Last edited:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Wow. So if he were cheating on one wife without being married to the other three it's not illegal, but he can face up to 5 years in prison for having three soon to be four wives? I love how government regulates marriage.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    marriage, something else the government needs to get its nose out of.Its the churches business not the government.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Its BS.

It's not something I would want to do, but if they all consent to it, then it should be their call.

Afterall, Im assuming they are not all legally (ie in the eyes of the govt) married.

The first wife is probably the only legal wife, the others probably aren't. What difference would it be if they were just all living together and calling each other boyfriend/girlfriend?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Not sure why this is illegal.

I mean, they could just be his live in girlfriends. I doubt he went and hot marriage licenses for all the weddings.

And who really cares? We have bigger problems to worry about. I don't know why people feel the government should legislate morality. If it isn't hurting other people, who cares?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I could care less what they do, the government should not be involved. You can't push cultural religious beliefs on people who don't share those beliefs.

The only thing the Government needs to worry about is the shared right to property in the form of a contract. The marriage itself should be a private ceremony done any way you please, between whomever.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The marriage itself should be a private ceremony done any way you please, between whomever.

Or WHATever. We should just start saying what instead of whom now, because, let's face it, robots are going to be along any day soon and I'm sure some people will want to marry them. Not for me, but whatever. :dunno:

I want to be the first to come out and say that I am 100% pro human-robot marriage as long as you own the robot and it's consensual (if the robot is advanced thinking enough to actually consent or not consent to marriage with said human).

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    If I'm not mistaken, one of the things Utah had to do before it was granted statehood, was to outlaw the practice of polygamy. I will agree with the other posters, though. It really doesn't matter how many "wives" he has.

However, I do have a question. Most of the posters have said this isn't a big deal and government should stay out of marriage. So, how far out of marriage should government get? Is it okay to allow incestuous marriages? Should government be able to set minimum ages for marriage? If government is to stay out of marriage, then should tax breaks be eliminated for married couples? Should a spouse no longer be able to take the other spouse off of life support? I'm just curious as to everybody's thoughts on this subject.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds more like they are trying to increase a TV show ratings. Somebody is getting some cash off this deal.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    If I'm not mistaken, one of the things Utah had to do before it was granted statehood, was to outlaw the practice of polygamy. I will agree with the other posters, though. It really doesn't matter how many "wives" he has.

However, I do have a question. Most of the posters have said this isn't a big deal and government should stay out of marriage. So, how far out of marriage should government get? Is it okay to allow incestuous marriages? Should government be able to set minimum ages for marriage? If government is to stay out of marriage, then should tax breaks be eliminated for married couples? Should a spouse no longer be able to take the other spouse off of life support? I'm just curious as to everybody's thoughts on this subject.

There should be no tax breaks for anyone. Tax everyone and everything exactly the same.

Government should be completely out of marriage. Completely. Out. Of. Marriage. I got married when my wife and I said "I Do." Not when the government put a stamp on a piece of paper.

Top Bottom