• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fishers
    I want to put an optic on my AR to use in 3 gun. I'd like to have a $1200 budget but $300 is more realistic.
    I'm not sure what type, brand, and model.

Fast acquisition is important. Massive magnification is not important. Reliability is important.
    Can you guys talk about benefits of different sorts of optics, and good brands to buy? Thanks

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If you can raise your budget a little Id go with a aimpoint pro, If not lower you budget a little and go Vortex sparc.

For 3 gun I would not run a 1-4 that is not true 1x, and your budget doesnt allow for true 1x

tohm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Lowell
    Optics are critical I was on stage 6 of 11 stages when i looked in my scope and everyting was blurred. That was that for the day, I did get a new scope in the mail 3 weeks latter but that didn't help much at the time. If you have not shot 3 gun before you can shoot iron sights to get started and move into tac optics after you try looking at some other folks equipment. I have heard good remarks for the MTAC but i never tried one.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Vortex PST 1-4x is another good option at ~$499.
    Recommend the capped turrets for 3G.
    Reticles in moa and mil

-rvb

sub_pst_s_1-4x24_tmcq_moa.jpg

Last edited:

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I used a Nikon M223 1-4 last season with the 600 BDC reticle. Coupled with their software it worked pretty well. It was $280 I think from midway.

Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fishers
    Optics are critical I was on stage 6 of 11 stages when i looked in my scope and everyting was blurred. That was that for the day, I did get a new scope in the mail 3 weeks latter but that didn't help much at the time. If you have not shot 3 gun before you can shoot iron sights to get started and move into tac optics after you try looking at some other folks equipment. I have heard good remarks for the MTAC but i never tried one.

I have shot a few 3 guns with iron sights. I'll put back up iron sights on with whatever I end up with.
    But, it looks like I'm at a disadvantage with iron sights per the rules, so I want to fix that.

I appreciate the suggestions, it gives me some good stuff to look into and helps make the decision easier, thanks...

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    +1 on the MTAC. Put one on my AR this year. I like the fact that even if the electronics die, you still have a usable optic with a black reticle.

Top Bottom