• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I will echo those comments about AA's. Remington STS are good too. Along with Fiocchi they are the Only types I run in matches. I will dabble in the cheap stuff for practice.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think the AA's I'm using are the Supersport 7-1/2s. They make lighter load AAs, but I wanted the extra assurance that the Benelli would run with them. I have this unjustifiable idea that part of the reason I was having issues with the cheap Wal-Mart stuff was a steel hull vs brass hull and the way it expands and contracts in the chamber. If the steel hull does not contract as fast in combination with the fast Inertia cycle, maybe the Benelli pulls on the hull two quickly, dragging the still expanded steel hull against the chamber wall, and doesn't have the gas to help push it through?

That's definitely a possibility.

Another potential issue is not letting the gun move enough when it's trying to cycle. Unlike gas operated guns that you can brace against a wall and they will cycle, a Benelli-style action needs a little "give" to function reliably. That's usually not a problem for most people, but since you and I are virtually twins, it's something to consider. Heh.

rhino out!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I will echo those comments about AA's. Remington STS are good too. Along with Fiocchi they are the Only types I run in matches. I will dabble in the cheap stuff for practice.

The best stuff I shot was Nobel sports. It was also inexpensive when I could find it in #4 or sometimes #5 shot.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette

Another potential issue is not letting the gun move enough when it's trying to cycle. Unlike gas operated guns that you can brace against a wall and they will cycle, a Benelli-style action needs a little "give" to function reliably. That's usually not a problem for most people, but since you and I are virtually twins, it's something to consider. Heh.

rhino out!

Hmmm.. so you and I are just too manly for this shotgun?.....I see your point.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Getting back on track:

Hemi, my offer stands to let you try some stuff out before you buy. If you come up for one of my USPSA matches at WVRPC (or IDPA or Multigun), just let me know and I'll bring the goods. Heck, if you come up for one of our Multigun matches, you can just use one for the whole match!

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma

rhino out!

The soft recoil pad on the M2 will give enough no matter how big an ole boy you are.

[video=youtube;PvDVA_w1UhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvDVA_w1UhA[/video]

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Cool! Did you do that before, or specifically as a demo for us?

I did it this summer. No shorts in Oklahoma today. It was only 17 degrees. You were correct though. I'm told the older M1's with their harder butt pads wouldn't cycle against trees. The butt pad and flex in the M2 stock supposedly allows the M2 to work. I don't know I'm not rocket scientist. I just tried it and was surprised so I ran a video.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I did it this summer. No shorts in Oklahoma today. It was only 17 degrees. You were correct though. I'm told the older M1's with their harder butt pads wouldn't cycle against trees. The butt pad and flex in the M2 stock supposedly allows the M2 to work. I don't know I'm not rocket scientist. I just tried it and was surprised so I ran a video.

It was an issue "back in the day" ... but that was long before the M2 was on the drawing board! I remember the first time I shot an M1S90. It was with slugs. I had been shooting an 1100 with lengthened forcing cone, so the difference in felt recoil was dramatic. I wasn't willing to go the Benelli route until about 3 years ago when I saw how cheap the Stoeger 3000 clone was and realized I could shorten the stock as much as I wanted.

rhino out!

PS I used to be an actual rocket scientist.

shopgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I had a M2 and it is a fine reliable shotgun but i did not like the recoil compared to my old 1100. i shot a Versa and the Benelli found a new home. The Versa after break in will run loads that turn a M2 into a manually operated shotgun. i have run reloads that are 20% under the START load in the manual reilably. Now I just have to see if they will take a popper.

lubemupski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Fishers
    Yep, I have a Benelli and found the threshold for reliably cycling is 1 1/8 oz @ 1280 fps. Anything less than than and there is no telling if it will load the next one

Top Bottom