• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trooper632

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Utopia
    Hello everyone, I have a Dillon 550 reloader and haven't used it in about 12 years, but have bought a 300 blk out and want to start reloading again. What brand dies do I need for that round or what are the beat ones to use on the Dillon, thanks in advance.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I don't have a Dillon press so I can't tell you what's "best" for it, but all major manufacturers make 300blk dies.

I have Hornady dies because I got them for a good deal, and I certainly trust the company. I'm new to reloading but I like the design and clean finish of them.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I've been using a Lee Classic Turret press with the Lee 300 BLK dies with great results. But I think you can pretty much use any brand dies with any brand press with the proper adapters. But since you're with Dillon now, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't go with Dillon does also (other than the fact that they seem pretty spendy!):

Dillon Precision: Reloaders, Reloading Equipment, Bullet Reloading, Bullet Reloaders

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I also have the lee dies that I am planning to use with my Dillon Xl650. I have only used them on the Hornady LNL single stage press setting up the load to test on my rifle.

Top Bottom