• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    Hey folks, I'd appreciate any thoughts about picking a suppressor. I'm build an AR in 300 blk, 9" barrel, pistol length gas block. I'd rather not mess with an AGB, but I will if I have to. I did pick up a Radian Raptor-SD, hoping that helps. Plan is to shoot both subs and supers through the suppressor, so sub-only ones are out. Anyone have any recommendations? Weight is not huge factor for me, I care more about gas and overall suppression.

I was looking at the OCL Polonium 30 and the DD Enticer S. Both have a great price, they're about the same size and weight. Anyone have any experience with either of these?

As an added bonus, any recommended FFLs that handle NFA items in Indy? My usual guy doesn't.

Last edited:

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    I’m also building a 300blk sbr- waiting for the ingo lower group buy to submit that lower for a sbr stamp.

I went with a q trash panda. @Aszerigan recommended the q thunder chicken but in the spirit of sbr I opted for the little bit shorter can. Feel free to shoot him a message as he’s a great guy- full of helpful info/experience and a nfa dealer.

Just to be clear I haven’t shot my 8.5” 300blk upper with the trash panda yet as I’m waiting to stamp/build the lower.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :whistle:

Go with integral and you only need 1 stamp. Fyi

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I can't help much...

But are you sure you're getting a mid-length gas system on a 9" barrel?

Also - whichever route you go for a suppressor, I suggest getting one rated for supersonic ammo as well as to not potentially hamstring usage in the future and/or with other hosts.

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    I can't help much...

But are you sure you're getting a mid-length gas system on a 9" barrel?

Also - whichever route you go for a suppressor, I suggest getting one rated for supersonic ammo as well as to not potentially hamstring usage in the future and/or with other hosts.
    Ah, my mistake! It's pistol length. I was going off memory, good catch!

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    And yep, I agree. Definitely want to be able to shoot both subs and sups. I was originally looking at the Rugged Obsidian 9, but the subs-only limitation wasn't gonna work.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I'd rather not mess with an AGB...
    I can't be much help on suppressors, but I'd really recommend an adjustable gas block. They're not that expensive, very easy to install, and very simple and intuitive to adjust. It'll save you a ton of headache and give you the ability to run all combinations of supers/subs and suppressed/unsuppressed. I'm a very bare-bones type when it come to my AR's, and don't want to mess with any "upgrade" that isn't a necessity, but for 300 BLK in particular, an adjustable gas block is almost a must, in my book.

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    I can't be much help on suppressors, but I'd really recommend an adjustable gas block. They're not that expensive, very easy to install, and very simple and intuitive to adjust. It'll save you a ton of headache and give you the ability to run all combinations of supers/subs and suppressed/unsuppressed. I'm a very bare-bones type when it come to my AR's, and don't want to mess with any "upgrade" that isn't a necessity, but for 300 BLK in particular, an adjustable gas block is almost a must, in my book.
    Yeah, I've heard that a couple times now. It's definitely just laziness on my part, I should probably just get over it lol

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Any 30 cal can will be rated for supers. I think only pistol cans would carry a subs only rating. Barrel length restrictions and firing schedules will vary from one suppressor to another and should be considered. I second the agb. No reason not to. Will the can do double duty on anything else?

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    Any 30 cal can will be rated for supers. I think only pistol cans would carry a subs only rating. Barrel length restrictions and firing schedules will vary from one suppressor to another and should be considered. I second the agb. No reason not to. Will the can do double duty on anything else?
    Nope, it'll just live on that rifle! Maybe I'd think about putting it on a 5.56 rifle in the future? But that's not certain or happening any time soon.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    All depends on the can. Newer "flow-through" designs don't need this.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    All depends on the can. Newer "flow-through" designs don't need this.
    Interesting, I didn't know that. All my 300 BO shooting has been without a can (so far, I'll make the dive into NFA items one day I'm sure...) so I'm mostly speaking on my experience of trying to get supers and subs to cycle reliably in the same gun, sans suppressor.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Interesting, I didn't know that. All my 300 BO shooting has been without a can (so far, I'll make the dive into NFA items one day I'm sure...) so I'm mostly speaking on my experience of trying to get supers and subs to cycle reliably in the same gun, sans suppressor.
    Definitely possible...and easier than you might imagine.

Recycling electrons:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom