• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    I'm looking to get a 300bo and run subs through it. Is there a big decibel reduction difference between 8.5",10.5" or 16" barrels? I've got the Rugged Obsidian9 on order for the can. Appreciate any help.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don't have any personal experience shooting one but IIRC, the BO was designed with a 8.5" barrel in mind. This is with subs and a can.

I have heard others shoot subs with a can in a 8.5" and it is really quiet.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    If you want something stupid quiet, get a Ruger American Ranch bolt action in 300 blackout. If you want to stick with the AR platform, 8-10" is the sweet spot. Make sure the barrel twist rate is 1:7 or faster to make sure you can stabilize the subs and you dont take out your baffle stack on the Obsidian. I've had good luck with the ballistic advantage hanson profile 8.3" barrel. It has a nice large shoulder for making sure your silencer is concentric. Cheaper barrels like PSA have minimal shoulders and slower barrel twist rates that can cause issues.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well your can choice limits you to subsonics only and 8" or longer. So it doesn't matter what you pick of those 3 options. It's already subsonic and powder is burnt up by 8". I'd pick something short and handy vs long especially since you're very limited on ammo choices now.

robgott1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2022
    indianapolis
    I'm looking to get a 300bo and run subs through it. Is there a big decibel reduction difference between 8.5",10.5" or 16" barrels? I've got the Rugged Obsidian9 on order for the can. Appreciate any help.
    I have heard 8.5 is best! One of the biggest benefits to the 300bo is the length of barrel

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I know this thread is a couple days old, but I feel the benefit of 300 blackout is it’s suppressed performance in short barrels. With that I’m mind, I say go as short as you want. The sig rattler has a 5.5” barrel, and it’s very popular. IMO stick to 1:7 twist rate or faster unless you only plan to shoot supersonic bullets, and if you go super short 1:5 twist is good.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I run a BCM 8.5" barrel with a can and it's (almost) Hollywood quite. Most of what you hear is cycling and buffer spring.

Top Bottom