lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    dlbrown75,

I am closing this thread pending feedback from you.

Please PM me if you want to explain what is causing some confusion. I realize there may be a reason for your actions that are not understood.

If you want to explain the situation to me, I will evaluate it with the possibility of re-opening this thread and removing the comments.

LMW

Last edited:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Mod Note:

This thread caused some concern and strong reaction from some members.
    This was due to a timing issue when two threads were open at the same time that raised some questions.

The member offered this explanation.

I built a rifle for my dad, finished last night. They gun store where I picked up the lower had zero mags. I searched my usual internet places last night to no avail. Did the same this morning. When I didn't find any I placed the wanted to buy ad for 2 mags. I then left my house. I went to 3 individuals I deal with looking for mags. I found these pmags. I bought 5 for 55 a piece. My dad can only afford 2 so im selling the remaining 3.

I'd also like to use this episode as a learning opportunity.

There was a reasonable explanation for what happened. The member should have quicly closed his WTB thread to avoid the appearance of impropriety, however, people get busy and are often distracted. It's a minor thing.

We had a system for reporting posts and it was used to alert the Mods.

What also happened was that many people judged the situation without all the facts and were ready to ban this member! We need to exercise more restraint folks. We are after all a community of firearm enthusiasts. Let's give one another the opportunity to resolve issues before resorting to knee-jerk reactions.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom