• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Does anybody use the 350 legend or the 357 max suppressed for deer? I have a woods next to my horse lot that holds a lot of deer at times, any rifle that I use in there needs to be 'pellet gun' quiet. Horses can be very spooky of loud noises. I plan to buy a suppressor, and I assume that my ammo should be subsonic to keep things quiet. The gun will be a bolt action or a single shot. I would probably use 200-250 gr bullets if I go subsonic. If you got this far, thanks.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I know this isn't exactly your question, but if you're really trying to get as quiet as possible and you're looking at 100 yards in, I would probably tend toward 300BLK instead. I haven't shot 350 Legend suppressed, but have to think 300BLK would be a bit quieter and you can still take a deer at short-ish range with it. I have a bolt action Ruger American Ranch in 300BLK that was very reasonably priced and is very quiet. I use 220 grain subsonics in it.

Titanium700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2022
    Otisco
    IF you plan on going suppressed for this year 24/25 season you had better get hooked up with a suppressor TODAY…..
    Do not hesitate.
    It could take a while.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Winchester does sell a Super Suppressed Version in .350 Legend.
    https://www.winchester.com/Products/Ammunition/Rifle/Super-Suppressed/SUP350
    They actually advertise this as range ammo, I cannot speak to how it would do on deer. It probably wouldn't expand just because of the lack of velocity. The Hornady ammo may be better option or rolling your own would probably be the best option.

Last edited:

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Have you shot around your horses?
    My range runs parallel to my pasture. I’ve shot everything from 22lr to 30-06 near the horses. Barely got them to raise their heads. One shot from a suppressed 22lr and they went berserk. Just something to consider. YMMV as all horses are different.

9mm-SMG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2024
    Maryland
    Question for anyone with a suppressed 350Legend rifle - what's your thread pitch. I've seen 1/2"x28 but I understand there are others.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I shoot the 165gr ftx suppressed for deer. It's not subsonic, but quiet enough. I'd want the velocity for expansion personally. IS there a reason you want something subsonic? If that's the route you're going, I'd make sure whatever bullet your using expands at subsonic velocities.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Does anybody use the 350 legend or the 357 max suppressed for deer? I have a woods next to my horse lot that holds a lot of deer at times, any rifle that I use in there needs to be 'pellet gun' quiet. Horses can be very spooky of loud noises. I plan to buy a suppressor, and I assume that my ammo should be subsonic to keep things quiet. The gun will be a bolt action or a single shot. I would probably use 200-250 gr bullets if I go subsonic. If you got this far, thanks.
    Air rifle ?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom