• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    4 Corners
    does anyone make a .358 Hoosier can yet? I would like to get one that I could also use for .223, 25-06, 30-06, and 7mm Rem Mag with the same can.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    does anyone make a .358 Hoosier can yet? I would like to get one that I could also use for .223, 25-06, 30-06, and 7mm Rem Mag with the same can.

I wonder if the Huntertown Arms Kestrel 9 would work?

I want to know when they are going to get the Kestrel 45 can out and if it will handle full power 458socom! Please please please!! :popcorn:

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    9mm can would most likely explode on the first shot with a 30-06 or 7mm magnum. Dont know much about the 358 Hoosier but my guess is it wouldnt take many shots before the can just burst from the pressure. Most pistol suppressors are made from aluminum or thin titanuim to keep it lightweight. They arent designed to handle those pressure and blast levels.

You need a rifle can for that purpose. Elite Iron makes a nice suppressor called the wind talker that is available in .375 caliber.

I wonder if the Huntertown Arms Kestrel 9 would work?

I want to know when they are going to get the Kestrel 45 can out and if it will handle full power 458socom! Please please please!! :popcorn:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    9mm can would most likely explode on the first shot with a 30-06 or 7mm magnum. Dont know much about the 358 Hoosier but my guess is it wouldnt take many shots before the can just burst from the pressure. Most pistol suppressors are made from aluminum or thin titanuim to keep it lightweight. They arent designed to handle those pressure and blast levels.

You need a rifle can for that purpose. Elite Iron makes a nice suppressor called the wind talker that is available in .375 caliber.

I wouldn't have suggested it had I not at least known it would handle the pressure of the 358 Hoosier, it will go up to 308.

Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone - warrantied beyond life

Last edited:

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Ah, I see. Got that mixed up with the Guardian 9.

Thats kind of an odd specification for a rifle suppressor. It can take a bullet diameter of .355 but its not rated for any big bores such as the 338 lapua or weatherby mag or rem mag? For that matter, its not even rated for the smaller 30 cal magnums. Really all it can handle for a larger bore is the 9mm round, and that thing would be crazy heavy on a pistol. Even for the 9mm AR it would be heavy as to compared to just using a dedicated 9mm pistol can.

What other rifle calibers beyond 308 could you even use this for?

I guess it is reasonably priced though.

I wouldn't have suggested it had I not at least known it would handle the pressure of the 358 Hoosier, it will go up to 308.

Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone - warrantied beyond life

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Ah, I see. Got that mixed up with the Guardian 9.

Thats kind of an odd specification for a rifle suppressor. It can take a bullet diameter of .355 but its not rated for any big bores such as the 338 lapua or weatherby mag or rem mag? For that matter, its not even rated for the smaller 30 cal magnums. Really all it can handle for a larger bore is the 9mm round, and that thing would be crazy heavy on a pistol. Even for the 9mm AR it would be heavy as to compared to just using a dedicated 9mm pistol can.

What other rifle calibers beyond 308 could you even use this for?

I guess it is reasonably priced though.

I'm with ya on the heavy part! Seems to me they made a "do all" suppressor for the average guy. 9mm, 308, 5.56, 7.62x39, 300blk, and I figure it's quieter on the smaller calibers than the 7.62ak they have that's also a good multi caliber suppressor.

The price on the Huntertown cans is awesome, great bang for your buck and your supporting a fellow Hoosier Veteran! :patriot:

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    That is a good point. Suppressors are an expensive investment. It would be nice to have a do all can. Owning multiple caliber weapons is a pain in the arse. That's how I got sucked in!! I bought my first 9mm can several years ago. Then decided I needed different calibers. I'm up to 5 cans now (2 still waiting on paperwork).

If anyone in the Bloomington area owns a kestrel 9 I would love to hear it sometime.

I'm with ya on the heavy part! Seems to me they made a "do all" suppressor for the average guy. 9mm, 308, 5.56, 7.62x39, 300blk, and I figure it's quieter on the smaller calibers than the 7.62ak they have that's also a good multi caliber suppressor.

The price on the Huntertown cans is awesome, great bang for your buck and your supporting a fellow Hoosier Veteran! :patriot:

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I've considered a .358 wildcat build and a custom suppressor, but I'm too fearful that Indiana will legalize all rifles over .243" soon and I'd be stuck with both an oddball rifle and an oddball suppressor. I really want to put together this package, but cannot bring myself to do so.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I've considered a .358 wildcat build and a custom suppressor, but I'm too fearful that Indiana will legalize all rifles over .243" soon and I'd be stuck with both an oddball rifle and an oddball suppressor. I really want to put together this package, but cannot bring myself to do so.

I thought thee same thing before I built mine, but I came to realize that its still a pretty cool round, and owning something with the hoosier name makes it that much cooler.

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I've built a number of cans for the 358 WSM-In which is a lot hotter than the hoosier. It will handle the 300 win mag and anything smaller as well.

Frank

Top Bottom