• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I'm gonna give them some time. Everyone is shorthanded these days. We had periods of forced overtime last winter because
    no one wants to work. I've never seen anything like it. People work for a couple of weeks then quit. I wanted to buy some different ammo to test but 380 is now made out of unobtainium because I can't find it in stock anywhere.
    cci has blazer in stock. Both brass and aluminum. $33 & $30.
    https://www.cci-ammunition.com/handgun/blazer/blazer_brass/4-5202.html

PA140

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2022
    Campton Hills
    Was at the range yesterday and after firing a few mags started picking up brass and found these.
    Guns used: Glock 42, Kimber Micro, and Sig P238.
    Found about half the spent brass was split. Called Federal and the nice young woman that
    answered said no one from that department was available. They would call me back. So far:
    Crickets. All pistols cycled fine and bullets landed where pointed. Still I don't think new
    factory ammo should do this. Anyone else have this experience? View attachment 210339 View attachment 210340
    I too have had split brass using American Eagle 380 Auto manufactured by Federal Ammunition after firing with a new Kimber Macro380 at a indoor range. I found three split out of twenty fired. Might have had more if I noticed them sooner. I bought another box of 380 Auto from a different manufacturer at the range store and shot the box with no issues with split cases. I just contacted Federal Ammunition about the issue with their ammunition. Might be a issue with the gun powder used. The casing measures .012 at the split so I don’t think it’s a case thickness issue. I still have some AE ammo in the box. I started a question about the ammo at my club. aurorasc.org. Aurora Sportsman Club. Thanks for your post. It’s helping me work through the issue. I found your information doing a online search about the problems with 380 split cases.

Attachments

• 0CE9BA2A-5421-43B1-84BB-97AFE29F86C5.jpeg
      0CE9BA2A-5421-43B1-84BB-97AFE29F86C5.jpeg
      239.1 KB · Views: 4
    • 86AF64D9-1CE6-412A-BB5F-74A466F13C31.jpeg
      86AF64D9-1CE6-412A-BB5F-74A466F13C31.jpeg
      265.2 KB · Views: 4

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I too have had split brass using American Eagle 380 Auto manufactured by Federal Ammunition after firing with a new Kimber Macro380 at a indoor range. I found three split out of twenty fired. Might have had more if I noticed them sooner. I bought another box of 380 Auto from a different manufacturer at the range store and shot the box with no issues with split cases. I just contacted Federal Ammunition about the issue with their ammunition. Might be a issue with the gun powder used. The casing measures .012 at the split so I don’t think it’s a case thickness issue. I still have some AE ammo in the box. I started a question about the ammo at my club. aurorasc.org. Aurora Sportsman Club. Thanks for your post. It’s helping me work through the issue. I found your information doing a online search about the problems with 380 split cases.
    It could be low quality brass that they are using to cut corners.
    Do any of you reload?
    If so using the same brass how many reloads were you able to get before they started splitting?

PA140

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2022
    Campton Hills
    This was factory new 380 auto ammunition purchased two years ago. Today Federal has asked me for pictures of the split ammo and the lot numbers.

Top Bottom