3rd X class flare of the last 24 hours. A 6.3 The 1.7 is likely the one that caused the cell issues,the 1.8 maintained the problem.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Not solar-flare related.

Stop believing junk science. Don't be gullible.
    While it might not have caused the cell outage, I don't think you can say that solar flares are "junk science". I think it's been pretty well documented that they can definitely have an effect on electronics/communication.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    While it might not have caused the cell outage, I don't think you can say that solar flares are "junk science". I think it's been pretty well documented that they can definitely have an effect on electronics/communication.
    They can an do. But not in this instance. Trying to blame this issue on solar flares is junk.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Not solar-flare related.

Stop believing junk science. Don't be gullible.
    What junk science?
    Fairly certain the science has a long and very well respected, accurate history.
    We understand more and papers are published almost monthly about the interactions of our star and planet. I have not seen junk science in relation to solar events or cycles(unlike the dark matter fiasco).

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    2/26/2024
    BIG SUNSPOT GETS EVEN BIGGER: Giant sunspot AR3590 spent the weekend getting bigger. This two-day movie from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory shows its area increasing by a quarter in only 48 hours:

AR3590 is now the largest sunspot of Solar Cycle 25. For comparison, it is now 60% as large (by surface area) as the great sunspot that caused the Carrington Event in Sept. 1859. Even a 60%-intensity Carrington Event occuring today could cause problems for satellites, power grids, and internet connectivity. That's why forecasters are carefully watching this sunspot.

Last week, AR3590 unleashed three X-flares in rapid succession, including the strongest flare of the current solar cycle (X6.3) . Since then the sunspot has been relatively quiet, producing only a handful of low-level M-class explosions. Is it gathering itself for another X-flare? If so, the flare will be geoeffective as AR3590 is almost directly facing Earth.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    All of this solar stuff is above my pay grade. I have t-Mobile and had no problems at all. :whistle:
    Cliffs notes:
    Sun pukes hot energy. Most times it doesnt hit us. But when it does?
    It hits us and all the charged particles hit long metal objects like power lines and transfer that energy into LOTS of electricity. A giant version of how wireless phone charging works.
    That extra energy fries anything connected to them, including transformers that take up to 2 years to get after they are ordered. And we'll need LOTS of them, along with millions of transformers that are on poles and in our back yards.
    It will fry every connected electrical device in your house.
    Pretty much it will plunge us into a pre-electric age for multiple years.

Scared yet?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Cliffs notes:
    Sun pukes hot energy. Most times it doesnt hit us. But when it does?
    It hits us and all the charged particles hit long metal objects like power lines and transfer that energy into LOTS of electricity. A giant version of how wireless phone charging works.
    That extra energy fries anything connected to them, including transformers that take up to 2 years to get after they are ordered. And we'll need LOTS of them, along with millions of transformers that are on poles and in our back yards.
    It will fry every connected electrical device in your house.
    Pretty much it will plunge us into a pre-electric age for multiple years.

Scared yet?
    I ain't askeered! I'm gonna stock up on these babies! :thumbsup:

1708993338052.png

Top Bottom