• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I picked up four pieces of cutlery at the 1500 today; an ESEE 5 and Junglas from Knife Lady (big PLUS 1 to her and Brad as always!) a Hello Kitty-ish stabby, brass (plastic) knuckle thingy, and a Black Owl Custom orange G-10 knife (hmm..never did ask Tyler what he named these things....I think I'll call it...Gary. That's right; Gary The Knife.)

Can't wait to take Gary to the next Chop-In!

10x9308.jpg

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Tell me what you think about the Junglas because i got an ESEE 6 and i already want a Junglas!

My first impression is that it is a big ****ing knife! It's my 5th ESEE and it looks like 24 Izulas could be spawned from it's steel. I had stuff to do when I got home tonight so it and the ESEE 5 are still virginal. But we're going to fix that in the morning. I've got a stack of left-over 2X4's and 2X8's and I'm going to beat the hell out of both knives Saturday.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    My first impression is that it is a big ****ing knife! It's my 5th ESEE and it looks like 24 Izulas could be spawned from it's steel. I had stuff to do when I got home tonight so it and the ESEE 5 are still virginal. But we're going to fix that in the morning. I've got a stack of left-over 2X4's and 2X8's and I'm going to beat the hell out of both knives Saturday.

That deserves an "attaboy", so ATTABOY!!! That's awesome!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Waiting for that report on the Junglas. I bought one around 3 weeks ago and have not had a chance to do anything with it yet.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Waiting for that report on the Junglas. I bought one around 3 weeks ago and have not had a chance to do anything with it yet.

It's a sweet knife and well balanced. I'd have been happier with some true "logs" or tree limbs to test it on but the bit of lumber I had gave me a pretty good idea of how well-made it is. I did some basic batoning with no issues and even managed to make a serviceable fuzz-stick with it. I did a quick para-cord braid to make a wrist loop and it was good to go. The finish held up great with barely a mark on it.

The ESEE 5 did a much better job making a fuzz-stick and I was able to make a few quick and dirty tent pegs without much effort.

I'm going to keep my eye open for some green limbs/logs, I want to try them both out against some fresher wood.

All in all, give me these two knives in a BOB or a hiking/camping situation and I'd be pretty well set for whatever task needed done.

Once again, many thanks to Knife Lady (and Brad :D) for the advice and the purchase. Whether the knife you're looking for is high-end, low-end, or in the middle, they can fix you up.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I'm going to hit up Tyler this morning at the show and ask him if he has anymore "Gary" knives...I'm about sure he will have no clue what I'm talking about. :):

"Gary" sliced up three apples today. I was really just screwing around with it but it did a nice job. Washed it off and wiped it down and it looked good as new. That G-10 is really good stuff!

Hope Tyler had one left for you!

Top Bottom